Transit in Singapore

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Alex Murf
Tourist

Transit in Singapore

Post by Alex Murf »

Hello Expats! I’m planning to return back home but not sure regarding my flight. Need some help from people who had experience with transit in Singapore.

My itinerary is: Cambodia - Singapore (transit) - Amsterdam (transit) - Ukraine. I found this ticket at KLM website. It’s operated by Singapore Airlines and KLM as partners.

However, my travel agent called to KLM office and was told that I have to pick up my baggage at Singapore during transit. Even though the flight will be booked under one ticket.

This morning I called to Singapore Airlines and was advised that there is no need to pick up a baggage at Singapore.

I don’t know who is right. Please share your experience.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Transit in Singapore

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

KLM & SIA have a codeshare agreement, plus you are travelling on a single booking, therefore no need to collect luggage. Even if not on the same ticket, most airlines currently have interline agreements due to COVID entry restrictions, it is not even possible to collect your luggage to transfer to a connecting flight in most countries, as you have to pass through Immigration to collect your luggage.

Also be aware of Singapore's pre-flight PCR testing requirements which recently changed, your test must be conducted no more than 48 hours prior to departure, even for those transiting only.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ONLY authorized flights can transit::
Only passengers travelling with an airline whose transfer routes have been approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) will be allowed to transit in Singapore. Transfers between Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air Niugini, Garuda Indonesia, Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines and Turkish Airlines have been approved by CAAS for transit in Singapore. Transfers to and from flights operated by other airlines, that have not been approved by CAAS are currently not allowed.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/t ... singapore/

ur in luck, ur luggage will be transferred<
safe travels
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:01 pm KLM & SIA have a codeshare agreement, plus you are travelling on a single booking, therefore no need to collect luggage. Even if not on the same ticket, most airlines currently have interline agreements due to COVID entry restrictions, it is not even possible to collect your luggage to transfer to a connecting flight in most countries, as you have to pass through Immigration to collect your luggage.

Also be aware of Singapore's pre-flight PCR testing requirements which recently changed, your test must be conducted no more than 48 hours prior to departure, even for those transiting only.
yes!! i was getting travel advisories almost every day and was concerned they would say something like people in Cambodia cannot transit in Singapore or something.
This goes back to my previous email on getting tested day before leaving Cambodia and results the day leaving. It worked out so much better then I expected.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic