72-Year-Old Japanese Man caught Smuggling Meth From Cambodia (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 72-Year-Old Japanese Man caught Smuggling Meth From Cambodia (UPDATED)

Post by pissontheroof »

I praise Burger King for being an oasis in the desert for me here and now .
When I lived in japan I ate alot a sushi 🍣 and japanesey foods ,
When I lived in thailand I liked thai food . When I lived in shitsville i ate sushi and tried all the english style stuff all the joints had on the menu and pizza and mikes burgers 🍔
I’m not a fan of cambodian food , it makes me sick.
Now i got a little one to feed who won’t eat rice fruit meat or vegetables , only peanut butter & Burger King
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 pm Now i got a little one to feed who won’t eat rice fruit meat or vegetables , only peanut butter & Burger King
Not exactly a healthy diet.....
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 am
pissontheroof wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 pm Now i got a little one to feed who won’t eat rice fruit meat or vegetables , only peanut butter & Burger King
That's child abuse, the kid must be malnourished.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 am
hanno wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 am
That's child abuse, the kid must be malnourished.
Admittedly, kids can be difficult to feed, but when they are hungry enough, they will eat. My Princess is fussy as hell and I guess dragging her to Burger King would solve the problem as they, and other fast food joints, have perfected the formula of getting kids hooked with lots of salt and sugar. But, regrettable for her, fast food restaurants are a no-go for her.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

But he don’t have a mother and he loves me
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 pm I praise Burger King for being an oasis in the desert for me here and now .

... only peanut butter & Burger King
Peanut butter & BK only...that's fine for kids. :thumb:
They have lettuce & tomatoes & that in the bun too, not only bits of cow.
Sure it's a healthier diet than that of a lotta kids here.

When I worked in BK in Reading, Andrew Lloyd Webber came in & was like "Gimme a coupla whoppers".
"Okay", quoth I , "you're really good-lookin', & you write great musicals"..
:lol:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 72-Year-Old Japanese Man caught Smuggling Meth From Cambodia

Post by hanno »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:00 am
John Bingham wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm A friend of mine did a couple of years in a Japanese prison in the early 90s. He said it was very strict but safe and that the food was really good, as good as any you'd get in a Japanese restaurant in the west at the time. Plus he was a chef at the time so he learned how to cook sushi etc.
I guess you could learn to cook sushi , but it wouldn’t be sushi 🍣 any more , because you are not supposed to cook it .

Mysterious stuff ;
... when I go to japanese restaurant anymore I can’t understand why the sushi takes longer than the cooked food 🍱
For you:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 72-Year-Old Japanese Man caught Smuggling Meth From Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

hanno wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:08 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:00 am
John Bingham wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm A friend of mine did a couple of years in a Japanese prison in the early 90s. He said it was very strict but safe and that the food was really good, as good as any you'd get in a Japanese restaurant in the west at the time. Plus he was a chef at the time so he learned how to cook sushi etc.
I guess you could learn to cook sushi , but it wouldn’t be sushi 🍣 any more , because you are not supposed to cook it .

Mysterious stuff ;
... when I go to japanese restaurant anymore I can’t understand why the sushi takes longer than the cooked food 🍱
For you:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html
I am a veteran , older than you … I know all that and more .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: The Supreme Court this morning, May 30, 2022, held a hearing on the appeal of a Japanese defendant who was sentenced by a lower court to 25 years in prison in connection with trafficking nearly 2 kg of drugs from Cambodia to Japan in 2020.

In this case, NONAKA SHUNICHI was sentenced by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on September 15, 2020 to 25 years in prison on charges of illegal drug trafficking under Article 40 of the Law on Drug Control. The accused was arrested on February 15, 2020 in Phnom Penh, when police confiscated 1.7 kilograms of methamphetamine.
However, the Japanese man appealed for a sentence reduction before the Phnom Penh Municipal Court of Appeal, which upheld his sentence of 25 years prison, and he has now appealed to the Supreme Court.

In this case, the Supreme Court has postponed the announcement of the final verdict until the morning of June 6, 2022.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Sentence Appeal Refused by Supreme Court
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Supreme Court, on the morning of June 6, 2022, upheld the sentence of a Japanese defendant who was sentenced by the lower court to 25 years imprisonment in connection with the trafficking and transportation of 1.7 kilograms of methamphetamine from Cambodia to Japan in 2020.

Khim Pon, the presiding judge of the Supreme Court, stated that the defendant, NONAKA SHUNICHI, a 72-year-old Japanese man, was arrested on February 15, 2020 in Phnom Penh.

In this case, the accused NONAKA SHUNICHI was sentenced by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on September 15, 2020 to 25 years in prison on charges of illegal transportation and trafficking of drugs under Article 40 of the Law on Drug Control. This sentence has now been confirmed twice at sentence appeals in Cambodian courts.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic