What is a "rich" person's annual salary?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

What annual salary would you consider as an indicator of wealth

100-300k
35%
300-500k
18%
500k+
12%
1M+
18%
5M+
6%
10M+
12%

Total votes: 17
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

What is a "rich" person's annual salary?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Based around a throwaway comment somebody made on a thread of mine yesterday:
Also $175,000 a year is nowhere near being rich.
Now I know that I have a strange grasp of money compared to others, & I've never been close to being wealthy but, to me, $175k p/a is rich. I could live pretty well off that amount for five years

thots?
violet
Expatriate

Re: What is a "rich" person's annual salary?

Post by violet »

From what I read there are average insta influencers and onlyFans women earning an easy $30k a month. There are ‘celebrities’ earning $1m in less than a day on onlyFans.

A ‘rich’ person earns over a million a year. Anything less is getting more and more average.

We are still producing internet startup billionaires.

Your average well off business person would be around the 300k mark.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Depends where you live and how you spend it, I could easily be rich at either end of that scale depending on my choices.

Parp
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm Depends where you live and how you spend it, I could easily be rich at either end of that scale depending on my choices.

Parp
https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street

This site is pretty cool at exploring what certain levels of income get you in various countries.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:17 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm Depends where you live and how you spend it, I could easily be rich at either end of that scale depending on my choices.

Parp
https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street

This site is pretty cool at exploring what certain levels of income get you in various countries.
What an interesting website, thank you
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

How Rich Are Cambodia’s HE and His Family?

For decades, rumors have circulated surrounding the net worth of Cambodian Prime Minister HE and family. Their business ties are as extensive as their land holdings, leading to speculation the banks accounts of the Huns are flushed and overflowing.

An investigation by Global Witness seems to have proven just that. Its report, Hostile Takeover, officially released today, found that the family hold either shares or directly own about 114 private domestic companies with a listed value of $200 million.

Its findings are based off of data from the Cambodian company registry. Online access, according to Global Witness, has since been restricted.

Hostile Takeover does not include the value of the family’s land assets, which observers said would substantially add to the family’s worth.

Of the $200 million, it said “this is undoubtedly just a fraction of the true value of the family’s business holdings”. Global Witness co-founder Patrick Alley told this journalist that figures of between “$500 million and $4 billion” had been touted but were unverified.

https://thediplomat.com/2016/07/how-ric ... is-family/

more reading -

Who’s Cambodia’s richest man?

https://cambopedia.com/khmer-richest-man-of-cambodia/

How relatives and allies of Cambodia’s leader amassed wealth overseas

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... en-wealth/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well, if Suharto managed to grab beetween 15 and 35 billions, i assume a few billions here. So much money from outside pouring in, so little external control over it, within 35 years of shady management. Doable.
200 millions isn't going to convince much.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:48 pm Based around a throwaway comment somebody made on a thread of mine yesterday:
Also $175,000 a year is nowhere near being rich.
Now I know that I have a strange grasp of money compared to others, & I've never been close to being wealthy but, to me, $175k p/a is rich. I could live pretty well off that amount for five years

thots?
175K sounds great to you and me, but there are quite a few billionaires that distort the scale.

Still, would be nice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic