Sean O’Malley On Alana McLaughlin: “You Could Tell That’s A Dude”

Title says it all really...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Sean O’Malley On Alana McLaughlin: “You Could Tell That’s A Dude”

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Sean O’Malley isn’t on board with Alana McLaughlin’s women’s MMA career.

Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin has been attracting more attention by the day since her MMA debut last Friday at Combate Global: Perez vs. Roa. Today, that attention will get amplified multifold with one of the sport’s rising stars weighing in on the subject in “Sugar” Sean O’Malley.

UFC middleweight Sean Strickland was the first UFC fighter to publicly speak out against McLaughlin’s career. In an Instagram Story from earlier this week, Strickland branded McLaughlin as a coward who should “get out of women’s MMA.”

O’Malley also didn’t take the diplomatic route in sharing his thoughts on this sensitive issue. Like Strickland, O’Malley had some unflattering descriptors for the MMA newcomer.

“I don’t think that’s okay. I just don’t think that’s okay… in just competing in sports, I mean, especially mixed,” O’Malley began on his YouTube channel.

“It’s like she had testosterone for, who knows, 20, 30 years of her life and now I’m a girl. And look at that, you could tell that’s a dude. A jacked girl. I mean, look at those arms.”

For her part, Alana McLaughlin has already put out a message via Instagram to her critics soon after her successful debut. Before expressing her pleasure in blocking “transphobes,” McLaughlin stated that the post would be the only time she addresses this subject. As more prominent figures begin to weigh in on her career, it will grow increasingly difficult for her to stick to that vow.

What’s your take on Sean O’Malley’s thoughts on Alana McLaughlin?

As I'm neither female nor a trans MMA fighter this one has no bearing on me.

Sure looks like a jacked dude with hairdye in, though

At least Fallon Fox actually "looked the part" in terms of being feminine

What's the solution though? Do we need a trans catageory for M2F and F2M folks or what?

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/09/sean-om ... ts-a-dude/
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Sean O’Malley On Alana McLaughlin: “You Could Tell That’s A Dude”

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

You wanna be a girl, cool go for it, you wanna get in a ring with biological girls and bash them up? Nah we need to examine what's going on there, it's easy enough to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, we all have to accept limitations to our lives, sometimes we have to decide what's more important, competing or our identity.

end ov
simple as
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

to quote Dana White... "that's illegal"
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Seems bigoted not to let her live her life. Not a bigot, are you?
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

If this is allowed to continue, every women’s sport will eventually be dominated by trans-women.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I have a scale, if I'd still leng you down then you're a bird imo, that goes for OG women.. if you ugly then you're a fella, facts.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Sean O’Malley isn’t on board with Alana McLaughlin’s women’s MMA career.

Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin has been attracting more attention by the day since her MMA debut last Friday at Combate Global: Perez vs. Roa. Today, that attention will get amplified multifold with one of the sport’s rising stars weighing in on the subject in “Sugar” Sean O’Malley.

It's like, "I can't beat men my own age so let me fight kids"
UFC middleweight Sean Strickland was the first UFC fighter to publicly speak out against McLaughlin’s career. In an Instagram Story from earlier this week, Strickland branded McLaughlin as a coward who should “get out of women’s MMA.”

O’Malley also didn’t take the diplomatic route in sharing his thoughts on this sensitive issue. Like Strickland, O’Malley had some unflattering descriptors for the MMA newcomer.

“I don’t think that’s okay. I just don’t think that’s okay… in just competing in sports, I mean, especially mixed,” O’Malley began on his YouTube channel.

“It’s like she had testosterone for, who knows, 20, 30 years of her life and now I’m a girl. And look at that, you could tell that’s a dude. A jacked girl. I mean, look at those arms.”

For her part, Alana McLaughlin has already put out a message via Instagram to her critics soon after her successful debut. Before expressing her pleasure in blocking “transphobes,” McLaughlin stated that the post would be the only time she addresses this subject. As more prominent figures begin to weigh in on her career, it will grow increasingly difficult for her to stick to that vow.

What’s your take on Sean O’Malley’s thoughts on Alana McLaughlin?

As I'm neither female nor a trans MMA fighter this one has no bearing on me.

Sure looks like a jacked dude with hairdye in, though

At least Fallon Fox actually "looked the part" in terms of being feminine

What's the solution though? Do we need a trans catageory for M2F and F2M folks or what?

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/09/sean-om ... ts-a-dude/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic