Cops doing the rounds

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cops doing the rounds

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:57 am To be fair, if the legal limit is 50 people, and they're saying there were 60 in there, can you not argue that there weren't 50 people when I got there and I didn't know it had gone above ? I think in the west that would be very difficult to prosecute even in covid times.

Aside from that, imagine going out on the piss, and having to do 14 days quarantine instead of going home at the end of the night. Sod that.
Fourteen days of quarantine in a local high school followed by appearance in court is a sobering experience for sure.
especially if the court decides you need a further 14 days in Prey Sar.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:59 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm
Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:57 am To be fair, if the legal limit is 50 people, and they're saying there were 60 in there, can you not argue that there weren't 50 people when I got there and I didn't know it had gone above ? I think in the west that would be very difficult to prosecute even in covid times.

Aside from that, imagine going out on the piss, and having to do 14 days quarantine instead of going home at the end of the night. Sod that.
Fourteen days of quarantine in a local high school followed by appearance in court is a sobering experience for sure.
especially if the court decides you need a further 14 days in Prey Sar.
My guess is they will want to earn some from the foreigners quarantined for two weeks rather than spending more on them.

My two cents: after quarantine they will be 'fined' a few hundred dollars. Motorcycles make a great ransom for that.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I think somewhere along the posts it may have been referred, "would it happen in the west", could anyone see this taking place in a western country. The media and the peoples rights brigade would have a field day, racist card, then gay rights a starter for the kick off.
But, this is not the west, and the law has been used too the letter, it was probably more a certainty that this was on the cards, lots of talk in the video of western people, and the quote was "60 people including 26 foreigners and the manager".
With the video it looked like the authorities, police and reporters (how many reporters), that amount amazed me, because the crowd of bodies in the street must have at least equalled the amount who were arrested and put on the back of trucks. But the foreigners rightly in the wrong, and not following the rules, were on view, I would say to the point of being made an example of, too what level is questionable! We're they being blamed to the public eye of not just breaking the rules and law, but that they could be a possible cause of spreading the virus in the city, again I am lead too understand that it was foreigners who were the cause of the 20th Covid spread.
What will be interesting to follow, is of the Covid19 testing and the results, also the quarantine (is it free) and that of the courts decision has a end result. Also, what of the other part of people too make the numbers up to 60, are they being that of the larger majority of the group Cambodian? And will they suffer equally or will they be re-educated and free to go?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

D Shay wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:24 pm
KunKhmerSR wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:58 pm

In Phnom Phen every night many venues breach COVID rules, why was only a gay club targeted for a public raid?!
Were there foreign-oriented hostess bars open on Street 130 or 136 with fifty people partying and drinking inside last night?
Most hostess bars are tiny. That would be operating at near max capacity on a very busy night. Pretty rare I imagine these days. I've only seen them packed like that preCovid and on weekends.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:46 am
Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:48 am What about all the "CNN" reporters and putting all the violators on the truck like sardines?
They were already sardining in the club for hours so it shouldn't make any difference. :cry:
From all the photos you can find on the web it looks big place.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Ishkabibble
Tourist

Post by Ishkabibble »

I have it on good authority that all the customers who were arrested at Blue Chili spent the evening in the khmer facility, were tested Saturday afternoon and then released to go home.

All barang customers had to pay a $500 fine while the Khmers paid $250. The bar owner is still in custody.

All in all a very expensive and dramatic evening out.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Ishkabibble wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:50 pm I have it on good authority that all the customers who were arrested at Blue Chili spent the evening in the khmer facility, were tested Saturday afternoon and then released to go home.

All barang customers had to pay a $500 fine while the Khmers paid $250. The bar owner is still in custody.

All in all a very expensive and dramatic evening out.
So, with that no one tested positive for covid19?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic