Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:25 pm There’s a good chance many countries are going to make it a requirement. It’s not necessarily an informed decision by them, but if that’s the rules they impose, your choices may be
A) Vaccinate and visit
B) Don’t vaccinate and don’t visit
C) Lie, forge a certificate, etc, and bugger the consequences. I’m sure there’s those that will.

There’s a few industries courting the same ideas, so that may limit travel, vacations, pass-times, hobbies, employment.
There’s also a few industries where being vaccinated will have certain benefits. Travel insurance and company insurance have been bandied around.

I’m not a fan of the idea of making it a mandatory vaccination- it needs to be each individual accepting some responsibility for making a considered choice.

C; FORGE< already available of the dark net
:beer3:
same as drivers licenses and passports good for opening bank account/id's..... BUT NOT travel

so that person siting next to ya that looks kinda , i don't know, suspicious, did he really get his shots or ....
I know its far fetched but...

I really dont care if u have the shots or not, its ur choice, NOT the government or private industries.
Than again if ur a private establishment its YOUR choice to allow me unvaccinated to work there on entry into ur place.

Personally I would 100% rather have mass quick covid tests that one could get everywhere CHEAP
than i know the person siting next to me has had a negative test in the past 7, 14 days and far preferable to him only being vaccinated which does NOT Mean he doesn't have it
My $.05 worth
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:05 pm #3 FORGE< already available of the dark net
same as drivers licenses and passports good for opening bank account/id's BUT NOT travel
Actually, the real vaccine passes are being offered in Cambodia.
They are processed the same way as they would if you actually got the vaccine, your name will go in the database and you can travel with it.

Another reason why mandatory vaccination just wouldn't work here, anybody that does not want to do it would simply be able to pay their way out.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:05 pm #3 FORGE< already available of the dark net
same as drivers licenses and passports good for opening bank account/id's BUT NOT travel
Actually, the real vaccine passes are being offered in Cambodia.
They are processed the same way as they would if you actually got the vaccine, your name will go in the database and you can travel with it.

Another reason why mandatory vaccination just wouldn't work here, anybody that does not want to do it would simply be able to pay their way out.
LOL:
travel where? there have been numerous posts by people on fb that have had sinophram or the other Cambodian vac, traveling back to the UK an been told, NOPE , you still need self isolate at home>

IF ur going for a forged /fake vaccine card its going to be one that states u had a western vaccine issued in a western country

all vaccines are NOT created equal :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 pm LOL:
travel where? there have been numerous posts by people on fb that have had sinophram or the other Cambodian vac, traveling back to the UK an been told, NOPE , you still need self isolate at home>

IF ur going for a forged /fake vaccine card its going to be one that states u had a western vaccine issued in a western country

all vaccines are NOT created equal :beer3:
Of course you still need to abide restrictions of each country.
And you choose which of the vaccines offered here that you want to be on it, pretty sure nobody would choose the Chinese one but opt for J&J or Astra.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

I'm double tapped Sino vax and it will be mandatory and rightly so, as have vax rqmts for school in the West its been that way already for 50 years + . Of course not for the severely intolerant to vax minority, all the others f your rights and bend over. You don't have to right to spread a virus.
johnnywalker3
Expatriate

Post by johnnywalker3 »

I’m not sure that sales reps from Pfizer would be as excited about this thing as some people here. By any reasonable measure the vaccines for covid are awful. They don’t offer full protection from the disease or from transmission of the disease. There would be much less resistance to them if they were more effective. If they were more effective then people who had the vax would be unconcerned about those that didn’t. Being scared of people that haven’t had the shot isn’t exactly a convincing argument that the shot is worth getting.

A lot of people seem to think that covid will go away if only everyone took the jab. It is becoming increasingly apparent that is not true. You would think after lockdowns, masks, quarantines, and contract tracing all failed to eliminate the virus a little more realism would prevail. The vax won’t eliminate it either. It does give another tangible way to assign blame to a particular group while signaling your own virtue though.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

nemo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm Image
I’m calling BS on this meme.

The smallpox vaccine is one of the few that does give sterilizing immunity (measles is another one). Once you’re vaccinated, you can’t be infected, so you can’t spread the disease either.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

The only covid vaccine I will accept is Novavax out of Maine in USA. Gives 98% actual immunity Vs reduced symptoms after infections offered by the others. Sadly, the vast majority of the world has not approved it's use.... Maybe because this company producing it does not have politicians as share holders of the company. Considering that those vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine are still getting sick and dying, I will not waste my time with an inferior product. (Google it for verification)
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Anthony Fauci was in his present position in the US government when the AIDS epidemic surfaced around the world. His reaction to the epidemic was to try and develop a vaccine for AIDS.
We still don't have a vaccine against AIDS and instead developed very effective medications to treat it once you get it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic