Afghan and the South China Sea

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Afghan and the South China Sea

Post by ofparadise »

My conspiracy theory:

So... now, that the troops are back in the States, I've got a feeling it would make for better negotiations on the s.e.a-front. It's selfish, but I'm a bit happy about the pullout.

Now, the US does not have any excuse not to back it's allies in this region with a stronger show of force.

Perhaps, the recent visit to this region had something to do with that. A serious commitment of troops and equipment to this region, if the US/CH rhetoric gains some gravitas.

I'm looking forward to 2022...

Comment: I think the increasing tensions on the SEA front, definitely contributed to the decision to pullout. Not the main reason, but it was definitely on the board. China just responded by upping it's commitment to this region a few hours back. Let's see what the response is...
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Afghan and the South China Sea

Post by Darkcel »

Now we have trillions to spend on SEA and other developing countries.

China now has the Taliban and whatever fringe Islamic groups at it's doorstep, the Taliban may accept the #BeltandRoad but they can't control their other spin offs. Like we saw in Pakistan a few years back, they'll just start bombing Chinese built things. https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1232063.shtml

If China wants to try and be a world power then this surly will be a good test.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Too much of CN money in Pak now for them to bite the feeding hand. But I agree, the current TLB leadership, needs to forge a relationship with CN to exist. Especially since, India is currently upping it's military rhetoric.

Personally, I think CN will go with the player who has the longest lasting power, and the current TLB, still has to prove that there's no dissent within the ranks. As that's very common in that region. Knowing CN's willingness to play the long game, they may just wait to see how things evolve.

However, that is exactly the kind of commitment, that will weaken their south-china sea ambitions which will help the US to support PH and TW defend it's waters.

It will only be a good test, if the US leaves CH alone... which I don't think they will. The cards are in their favour now.

A distracted leadership... is ... ______
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

china will go wherever to whomever will take its interest free Money>
they dont fight wars like normal westerner countries do , they fight economically.
Smart goverment
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic