33Yo US Man, CAMERON WARD ILLER, Dies of Heart Attack

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
lostinthenetherworld
Tourist
United States of America

Re: 33Yo US Man, CAMERON WARD ILLER, Dies of Heart Attack

Post by lostinthenetherworld »

I've known Cameron since elementary school. He was a good person who just went astray with drugs. I just heard about his death. I knew he was somewhere in Asia but I didn't know Cambodia that was a surprise. I hope his soul rests in peace.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Hey all,
Please remember that Cameron Iller (James) died three days ago. He was 33 years old. He has a family and friends.
His photo has been moved to the darknet members section, and any speculation or discussion of his private life should go there too.

There is a difference between posting a Khmer news item informing that someone has died, and posting speculation and rumor that turn the private life of the deceased into a public circus.
CEO News
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RIP

If the reports about overstay and HIV / AIDS are true... For others in a similar situation, there a NGO's providing medicine anonymously to patients able to proof their disease.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

@Kammecor, to your comments about the wholly good and well intentioned (at the outset) organizations here that do as you say, "give out meds to patients regardless of nationality and anonymously too"..(paraphrasing). I don't know that CENAT, KHANA and a few other NGO's have opened back up yet to treat those patients. As of July they were not open, at least to new patients at these places because of Covid spread fears.

As I recall you're way up North in Ratanakiri and I would expect a wholly different policy up there or any province for that matter. I know in Banteay Meanchey the TB rx place was not closed to new patients in March. This whole subject brings to mind that what is needed for these great programs is an oversight group made up of 3rd party people that will monitor the a to z of these drug programs. This needs to happen to test the efficacy of these costly free drug programs everywhere, not just here. I have the overwhelming suspicion that target patients who do have the diseases to qualify do not get the drugs that are in their schedule of drugs to take at an alarming rate and that is just not acceptable.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Poor dude, way too young to go. Sounds like he was a talented musician too. I wonder how and why he caught HIV/AIDS though. That's rare these days. RIP
rhodie
Tourist
Australia

Post by rhodie »

So sad. So young. RIP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic