David Tarnowski

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Leninist
Tourist
Laos

David Tarnowski

Post by Leninist »

Wonder if anyone here can help. Today I was contacted by the son of Dave Tarnowski. He has not heard from his father for a few months which is not normal. I myself sent birthday greetings to Dave in August with no reply, again not normal. I notice he has not posted on Facebook since June. Also tried to call him and his mobile appears to be switched off.

Can anyone who perhaps knows Dave shed any light on this?

Thank you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: David Tarnowski

Post by Anchor Moy »

Leninist wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:28 pm Wonder if anyone here can help. Today I was contacted by the son of Dave Tarnowski. He has not heard from his father for a few months which is not normal. I myself sent birthday greetings to Dave in August with no reply, again not normal. I notice he has not posted on Facebook since June. Also tried to call him and his mobile appears to be switched off.

Can anyone who perhaps knows Dave shed any light on this?

Thank you.
Can you give more details ? Like where he was living ? Was he teaching/working ? Nationality ? Age ?

I was going to suggest contacting his FB friends living in Cambodia - but ok, I did that and there are no friends on his FB page, so maybe he has wiped it clean and doesn't want contact.
There's not much to go on if you don't have a more recent photo. This one is from his FB page 2016.

Dave Tarnowski was in Phnom Penh in June, and December 2019.

@OP You know the guy better than we do. Where was he living when he left his last message for his family ? I would check the money trail. How is he living ? What about bank accounts and credit card transactions ?
(Or maybe he just wants to be left alone. That's also possible, but then he should contact family to tell them that.)
Leninist
Tourist
Laos

Post by Leninist »

Yes, Dave can be a bit secretive. I know he does not have many friends there. I remember he used to cycle a lot and run at the stadium.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Yeah, he's around the riverside.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Pretty sure he was at the big easy on 172 last Friday