Certificate of non-impediment - STAMPED?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Certificate of non-impediment - STAMPED?

Post by Kammekor »

duran wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:41 am If you manage to get one from Cambodia, you must have it Apostille'd (Hague Convention certification). When issued, you need to have it confirmed and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation the fee for which I'm not sure (probably item 5 or 2.21 or 2.22)

https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/servicefee

After certification by MFAIC, it then needs to be certified further by the embassy of the country you plan to use it in. (For Denmark that would be the Danish Embassy or most likely either the German or French Embassy).

Knowing how EU office bureaucrats love seals, stamps and official letterheads, I don't think you can simply present a Sangkat document without the Apostille, even if translated.

EDIT: sorry, disregard the above. Wrong information. Found out Cambodia isn't party to the Hague Convention. You might still need the MFAIC certification and approval.

https://schmidt-export.com/consular-leg ... n-cambodia
AFAIK this info is obsolete now. Cambodia is now partner in the Hague convention so double sigining (MoFAIC and embassy) is no longer needed. There is still the issue it must be a document issued by MoFAIC in Cambodia. Local documents are worthless unless you're working with an extremely cooperative government employee. But that seems a contradiction in its' own. And the MoFAIC doesn't issue that document, like PSDKiwi mentioned.

The local document from the Sangkat has a picture glued on and two stamps, one with the name of the village chief, and one with the name of the head of the sangkat. A stamp (sangkat name?) is also stamped over the photo. I think the Danish government is looking for stamps which are not there, and were never intended to be there. I don't think a stamp is missing. The sangkat document is meant for domestic use, not use abroad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic