3 Female Friends Die of Suspected Alcohol Poisoning

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

3 Female Friends Die of Suspected Alcohol Poisoning

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Three young women died in a row, one died on the way home and two others died in a rented room in Sothearos Street, Sangkat Tonle Bassac Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, on the afternoon of September 2, 2021.
According to a friend of the trio, one of the women, before she died on September 1, 2021, felt unwell and went to her hometown on the other side of the river to buy medicine, and then told her friend to see if the other two women needed help. The female source went to see the other two women and called the owner of the rented room to open the door, which was locked. The two young women were found lifeless in their room.

It seems that the three friends were drinking alcohol mixed with softdrinks on 31 August, shortly before they all were found dead. The alcohol is suspected to be the cause of death, but police are investigating. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: 3 Female Friends Die of Suspected Alcohol Poisoning

Post by Marty »

There's gotta be some appeal to pouring methanol down your gullet, I guess it could be similar to drinking ether, something else people shouldn't do. There are loads of other substances that will get ya fukk'd up without killing ya. Somebody please inform these dumb bells! Poor cutie pies, RIP.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Hong Meas Hong Grape Wine Suspected in Women's Deaths
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): After receiving information about the suspected case of alcohol poisoning that caused the death of 3 women on September 1, 2021 in Phnom Penh, HE Phan Oun, has ordered the specialized officers of the General Department to collect samples to analyze the cause of death.
After the women bought 12 bottles of this grape wine, they drank 11 bottles, left 1 bottle, and then all three died of poisoning.
According to the same source, on September 2, 2021, a professional officer of the General Department of PPR took samples of wine found at the scene, and analyzed in the laboratory for methanol, a toxic substance.
Analysis results of the laboratory of the General Department of KPR of the five wine samples obtained from the scene, three showed a methanol content of 1.3% to 8.8%, 13 to 88 times above the allowable level (0.15%), which is one of the most dangerous levels for consumers.
After receiving the analysis results on September 3, 2021, officials of the General Department of KP In cooperation with the relevant authorities raided the wine processing factory of Meas Hong Gold Processing, located in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang 3, Phnom Penh.

Officials also inspected local shops selling wine, and they call on all traders to stop selling and distributing Hong Meas Hong wine and to hand all bottles over to the General Department of DPRK to be destroyed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Oh my... I just had that a few days back for the first time. We got a bottle for g-month offerings. Cost was about $1-ish.

It was quite sweet and pleasant smelling, like bubblegum. Did not taste alcoholic at all. I sipped the rest of the 500ml bottle over 2 days... it tasted harmless and it did wonders for my appetite. The buzz was minor...

Wanted to get another Hong Meas bottle earlier today, but thankfully, I chose to get a bottle of scotch instead.

The wine did taste really sweet and light though.I can understand how these young budget conscious girls went through 11 bottles in a night. Angkor beer tastes stronger and gives a better buzz. They probably figured it's less strong than beer.

Sigh...

Do rest in peace.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic