quarantine at Phnom Penh Hotel

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: quarantine at Phnom Penh Hotel

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:38 pm the check out was even easier.. very quick and my total for the 14 days was 1,1,70
i am going tomorrow to get the refund.. Unless i read that wrong it seems like more then what others are getting back.
That $1170 is only for your accommodation and meals (meals only if applicable), when you go to the bank for your refund the other standard charges as per below will also be deducted.

On call medical staff @$6 p/d
Security Staff (police) @$3 p/d
PCR Test @$100 ea
Transport @$5
Bank fee @$30
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:59 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:38 pm the check out was even easier.. very quick and my total for the 14 days was 1,1,70
i am going tomorrow to get the refund.. Unless i read that wrong it seems like more then what others are getting back.
That $1170 is only for your accommodation and meals (meals only if applicable), when you go to the bank for your refund the other standard charges as per below will also be deducted.

On call medical staff @$6 p/d
Security Staff (police) @$3 p/d
PCR Test @$100 ea
Transport @$5
Bank fee @$30
shit.. now making me do math... i would of assumed they put all that in the bill.... ugh..ok
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Na mate, the hotels don't manage the deposit funds, you collect your refund from the bank you made the deposit with upon arrival.

The hotel receipt will list the room charges, meal charges and any additional charges such as laundry if utilised... Ensure you ask for the hotel receipt upon check-out so that you can check they haven't charged you for anything they shouldn't have, do not sign any check-out documents until you have done so. Keep this and take with you to the bank in order to dispute any charges (ie. meals that you opted out of) (Note: Many people have reported their hotels not willing to issue the receipt, insist, or at least insist on them clarifying what you are being charged).

You will need the blue deposit slip you received from the bank you made the deposit with, and your passport in order to claim the unused portion of your deposit.

Your refund of the unused portion of your deposit is usually available from 5-7 business days following your release from quarantine. The bank will hold onto your funds for up to 12 months, so there is no rush to claim your refund.

If in PP your refund should be collected at the main branches (addresses are on the back of the deposit receipt, example below, which you need to keep safe), refund can also be collected from the Kampot, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap, Battambang branches of the relevant bank.

When you collect your refund, the bank should provide you with an itemised receipt. People have reported that Acleda refuse to issue this, CAB and Canadia Banks do. (Example below from CAB)

The below costs are fixed, these will be on the receipt you receive from the bank, not the hotel;
- PCR Test x2 (min) @$100 ea
- Transport @$5
- Med Staff @$6 p/d
- Security @$3 p/d
- Bank Fee @$30

BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:04 am Na mate, the hotels don't manage the deposit funds, you collect your refund from the bank you made the deposit with upon arrival.

The hotel receipt will list the room charges, meal charges and any additional charges such as laundry if utilised... Ensure you ask for the hotel receipt upon check-out so that you can check they haven't charged you for anything they shouldn't have, do not sign any check-out documents until you have done so. Keep this and take with you to the bank in order to dispute any charges (ie. meals that you opted out of) (Note: Many people have reported their hotels not willing to issue the receipt, insist, or at least insist on them clarifying what you are being charged).

You will need the blue deposit slip you received from the bank you made the deposit with, and your passport in order to claim the unused portion of your deposit.

Your refund of the unused portion of your deposit is usually available from 5-7 business days following your release from quarantine. The bank will hold onto your funds for up to 12 months, so there is no rush to claim your refund.

If in PP your refund should be collected at the main branches (addresses are on the back of the deposit receipt, example below, which you need to keep safe), refund can also be collected from the Kampot, Sihanoukville, Siem Reap, Battambang branches of the relevant bank.

When you collect your refund, the bank should provide you with an itemised receipt. People have reported that Acleda refuse to issue this, CAB and Canadia Banks do. (Example below from CAB)

The below costs are fixed, these will be on the receipt you receive from the bank, not the hotel;
- PCR Test x2 (min) @$100 ea
- Transport @$5
- Med Staff @$6 p/d
- Security @$3 p/d
- Bank Fee @$30

thanks so much.. i went today to get money back and they said ministry didnt deposit it yet . i am unsure which branch i went too but i will look at my receipt and wait a few more days. The lady said she would call me but i dont trust it. Thanks again.. I understand no rush but i am leaving in september lol
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@BklynBoy Don't be concerned, the banks cannot release the refund to you until the MoH have completed their admin and authorised the unused portion of the deposit to be released, average these days is 5-7 business days.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

grand total back was 469.00
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:33 am grand total back was 469.00
Why not $914 as per the statement? Have I missed something?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

@PSD-Kiwi can explain better... the initial bill didnt include the covid tests and other unrelated bullshit
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:30 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:33 am grand total back was 469.00
Why not $914 as per the statement? Have I missed something?
The deposit Covers-

Hotel Accommodation and food
MoH Admin and testing.
Each time something happens, it gets written on the blue slip

The hotel note their part
The medics note their part
And the ministry tot it all up when you leave quarantine.

It’s probably worth calling the first business day that you leave quarantine as Day-Zero, to allow for the paperwork to go to wherever it’s processed.

As PSD-Kiwi says, don’t rush to collect it, as it does take a few days. A bit of a pain if you want to head into the boonies immediately, but there are a few provincial branches.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic