Beautiful Finnish Girl killed in Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Beautiful Finnish Girl murdered In Hit and Run

Post by Felgerkarb »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:15 pm
siliconlife wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm RIP Freya, rock on wherever you are \m/
RIP. Truly a tragedy.
RIP, Freya. Looks like we had the same taste in music.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
FOJ
Expatriate

Post by FOJ »

paul.smith wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm On several levels the driver of the car drove into the back of her, prompt action could have saved her life, this driver has no conscious about other lives.
I call that murder. What would you call it if it was your family..Why are you evening saying this. Crawl back under your rock from which you came.
I've never heard anyone call it "murder" when an expat hits a Khmer in a fatal traffic accident. Calling it murder when a Khmer drives into a white person and then panics and runs off is inaccurate and unhelpful and simply serves to stoke unwarranted anger against the locals.

The locals are not murdering us.

By all accounts this was an accident, for which the responsible driver did not take responsibility. It's reasonable to criticize the driver for that, but let's stay away from the hysterical "murder" rhetoric.
Finncowboy
Tourist
Finland

Post by Finncowboy »

FOJ wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:05 am
paul.smith wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm On several levels the driver of the car drove into the back of her, prompt action could have saved her life, this driver has no conscious about other lives.
I call that murder. What would you call it if it was your family..Why are you evening saying this. Crawl back under your rock from which you came.
I've never heard anyone call it "murder" when an expat hits a Khmer in a fatal traffic accident. Calling it murder when a Khmer drives into a white person and then panics and runs off is inaccurate and unhelpful and simply serves to stoke unwarranted anger against the locals.

The locals are not murdering us.

By all accounts this was an accident, for which the responsible driver did not take responsibility. It's reasonable to criticize the driver for that, but let's stay away from the hysterical "murder" rhetoric.
Being as the bastard drove off, how does anybody know if it was a local, a foreigner or a frikin alien. What I do know is that there are many of us here in Helsinki who've just lost a lovely person, who was only 23 years old. Maybe some respect is called for.
FOJ
Expatriate

Post by FOJ »

Finncowboy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:31 am
Being as the bastard drove off, how does anybody know if it was a local, a foreigner or a frikin alien. What I do know is that there are many of us here in Helsinki who've just lost a lovely person, who was only 23 years old. Maybe some respect is called for.
I'm sorry for your loss, but there's no reason to sensationalize her tragic death by labeling it a "murder" when there's no evidence of that at all.

Perhaps it was just a poor choice of words on your part, I don't know.
Finncowboy
Tourist
Finland

Post by Finncowboy »

FOJ wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:59 am
I'm sorry for your loss, but there's no reason to sensationalize her tragic death by labeling it a "murder" when there's no evidence of that at all.

I didn't label anything. Came across this post, and actually took the time to register, just to make the point I did. As far as the murder thing goes, no it's not (unless done intentionally), but it is death by dangerous driving, and I hope very severe charges if they catch the person.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Finncowboy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:09 am
FOJ wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:59 am

I didn't label anything. Came across this post, and actually took the time to register, just to make the point I did. As far as the murder thing goes, no it's not (unless done intentionally), but it is death by dangerous driving, and I hope very severe charges if they catch the person.
Sorry for your loss Finncowboy. Do yourself a favour and don't engage with FOJ, they are out to wind people up.

As for death by dangerous driving, and severe charges, things here are nothing like Europe and there is no concept of a minimum standard of driving demanded by the state with criminal charges if you fall below or far below that standard.

It just doesn't work like that. They may never find the driver and car and if they do, and they have money, they will simply buy their way out of it. Just prepare yourself to be shocked by the lack of accountability or justice.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beautiful Finnish Girl killed in Hit and Run

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

For Your Information:

SUNDAY, 22 AUGUST 2021 AT 11:00 UTC+02
Farewell Requiem for Freya at K Church
Event by Kenny’s Korner
Group · Jesus Christ
Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

Absolutely shockingly and unexpectedly one of the brightest stars of our town has been taken away from us. Way too soon and without a warning she was taken from us. We are heartbroken and shaken.

Freya, the colorful, sweet, independent and unique angel of a person has been taken from us only couple days ago. We are still processing this painful loss.It will take time to come in terms with it.
We cry for her and we cherish our memories of her, every single day.
But because of this unforeseen event we will NOT cancel her Baptism.
In fact, we will do a SPECIAL SERMON/CEREMONY in her honor and we will baptize her even if her flesh is not present. Her soul will be with us regardless. She was looking forward to her baptism very much. I met her one day before the tragedy and she told me how excited she is about it.
We know from spiritual teachings that persons soul is still on earth for at least 7 days after death.
Taking that into consideration we will do a farewell ceremony, a sermon dedicated to her, Freya, our beloved sister and we will baptize her soul and let her be free in heavens above and meet God.
I know that she will be with us in spirit!
I encourage everyone to come together for the ceremony at Kenny's Korner in a new built Church from 4PM
The ceremony it self will happen at 6PM
(don't miss it)
Friends will have the opportunity to say couple words about her and how much we loved her.
After the ceremony we will have a little party with Local DJ's until the curfew.
She loved to party and I think she would love to see us all dancing in her memory.

Evening program:
4PM Music starts
6PM Requiem For Freya
630PM Cooper
800PM DALAH
10PM CURFEW
**Donation box for Freya.
**33% of bar income goes to Freya.
We know the expenses are high and together we can make it happen.
Everyone is welcome.
Please spread the world.
God bless her!
Rest In Peace Angel Freya!
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

paul.smith wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm
FOJ wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:44 pm Running from a fatal traffic accident doesn't make it a "murder."
On several levels the driver of the car drove into the back of her, prompt action could have saved her life, this driver has no conscious about other lives.
Definitions are important, especially when dealing with serious matters. Otherwise the words loose their power.

Criminally Culpable, and Cowardice are more descriptive and maybe pins him with exactly with what he did < that's important too.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Beautiful Finnish Girl killed in Hit and Run

Post by xandreu »

Absolutely shocking. One minute you're jumping on your motorbike to nip out for something in the most normal and everyday way you always do, and the next you've been rammed by a car and your life is over. Tragic.

RIP and condolences to friends and family.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic