The best studio apartment in the history of studio apartments

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

The best studio apartment in the history of studio apartments

Post by armchairlawyer »

Since we no longer have Basta and Ken to entertain us[media][/media] with their florid descriptions of mundane looking places, I hereby step up with my own contribution.
Since I will be living nearby, I am mostly interested in vetting you as a quality neighbour.
The price is $500 per month, electric is 0.30 per unit. Water, WiFi, sheets and towels and cleaning are free. There is an elevator and 24 hour security
The photos speak for themselves. Apologies for the messy presentation, I ran out of time.
[
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The best studio apartment in the history of studio apartments

Post by AndyKK »

I visited a friend and forum member a little while ago, why I say this is because the apartment is the same or very similar. It seems that it's a good time for renting with prices probably at an all-time low. But that also goes for many areas. I would think that it's worth looking around too, for the good deal, and still having a little haggling in the bag just now.
I wish it would be for other areas too! I tried a rental agency in Seam Reap seeing a place I fancied advertised, but they explained to me that they were only allowed by the authorities order, to let a resident of the same area rent, but that being too of a no Covid19 area, or if anyone from outside the area would go into a government approved place of isolation for 14 days, at your own cost, then with the results of no viruses, you would be excepted.
If this is the way it's going, the people with rental properties are going to find it more difficult to find new tenants. It seems more than likely that they are being forced into one of the none earners of the countries situation of today's economy.
Has anyone else tried to make a move recently too another Provence?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic