Marriage proposal destroys house

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
UKJ
Expatriate

Marriage proposal destroys house

Post by UKJ »

An overamorous Dutchman became a homewrecker – literally – when a crane he was using to have himself lowered into his girlfriend’s garden to make a marriage proposal fell through the neighbour’s roof.
The unnamed man hired a crane in the town of Ijsselstein to lower him over his girlfriend’s house and into her garden for the surprise proposal early on Saturday morning, emergency services spokesman Jelle Mulder told AFP.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... etherlands

What an absolute twat.
They carried in with their trip to Paris, leaving the neighbour with a damaged house.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Marriage proposal destroys house

Post by Jaap N. »

I see no reason to not go on that trip, I mean, what can they do? The guy obviously did everything he could trying to right the crane, but miserably failed. :facepalm:
“They had a trip to Paris planned and the police told them that there was no reason to cancel,” said Mulder.

The words 'selfish/self-absorbed' don't even begin to describe people like that.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Jaap N. wrote:I see no reason to not go on that trip, I mean, what can they do? The guy obviously did everything he could trying to right the crane, but miserably failed. :facepalm:
“They had a trip to Paris planned and the police told them that there was no reason to cancel,” said Mulder.

The words 'selfish/self-absorbed' don't even begin to describe people like that.
Agreed. It's adding insult to injury.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

musta been a REALLY fat guy to tip that thing like that huh?
I'd say the operator was the one really at fault. Shoulda known.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

From the photo, it looks like the left rear outrigger wasn't extended enough due to having a car parked in the way. Doesn't look like the right front was extended at all. Where did they get this crane driver, Cambodia?

About six months ago I was taking a bus into PP. We passed through a village and in front of one of the houses was a crane with its outriggers out. One of the outriggers was shooting flames a couple feet high as they had crushed a gas line. Wish I could have seen what happened next. The things you see when you don't have a camera.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic