Old Posters

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Old Posters

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Hey guys, weird topic seeing as I haven't posted for a long time myself (and I recall there was a thread about these questions but i cant find it so please move mods) I had some health issues brought me back to USA and been trapped ever since then this board went temporarily to a place for Trump fans so I switched off. I do now read a lot of the posts and I got thinking of two posters I used to enjoy, but not always agree with. Duncan was the last active almost 1 year ago 8/10/2020 is he ok? are you ok Duncan? the other Barang Chgout (sp) lived near the cardamom mountains and despite being the occasional jerk I found his insights to life there interesting, a bit like the poster in Kampong Cham who I learned passed. Ta Barang.

I hope the aforementioned posters are all well and you all. I look forward to returning to the KoW soon

best

John :beer3:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Old Posters

Post by Username Taken »

Nice to hear from you.
I had wondered what had happened to you too, actually.

Last I heard, Duncan was back in Oz, then got trapped there by corona. I have a feeling that he stopped posting as he was getting trolled by Cam Nivag sock puppets. He PMed me around the time he stopped posting, but deleted the PM before I could read it. I wish I head seen what he had to say.

Agree with you about the positives and negatives of Barang Chgout. Not sure. He may have come back under a new handle, and eventually got banned for being a jerk. No idea really. I particularly liked his house building posts and pics.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

You have mentioned two guys that I had been thinking about of just kind of disappearing off of CEO, I did enjoy some of their posts, anyhow I hope they are both well, and return at some point.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so how are you finding life in America?
where are ya?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

@Brody has gone very quiet.

Maybe I can bring him to the surface by using this without giving him credit...

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:30 am @Brody has gone very quiet.

Maybe I can bring him to the surface by using this without giving him credit...

Lol. Don't encourage him. :nono: Just enjoy the quiet time while we can.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Well I for one hope that @Brody will return. As I do @Duncan. Long time members and contributors.

I think we all have our quirks but a loss to CEO when members like that leave imo.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:44 pm ^^
Well I for one hope that @Brody will return. As I do @Duncan. Long time members and contributors.

I think we all have our quirks but a loss to CEO when members like that leave imo.
Seems like a few of the Kiwis have gone home to nest.
Howz it going @kiwiincambodia ? Are you missing the KOW and all its marvels ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Kiwiincambodia drops in for a read from time to time.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Hey AM.

Not really missing Cambodia. Settled into life in NZ and doing fine.

As UT said, drop in for a read every now and then. I see while the place has changed it has stayed the same in a lot of ways.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic