The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: The answer we all want to know.. How good are the Chinese vaccines?

Post by Apollo91881 »

xandreu wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:50 pm Interesting discussion comparing Sinovac with other vaccines.

One slightly alarming comment the guy says is that there is now evidence from Thailand that suggests the antibodies of people vaccinated with Sinovac may only last 3 months.
So I guess that answers the question "How good are the Chinese Vaccines?".
Too bad the Chinese didn't use the new approach like Moderna.
They may have had a decent product.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

There is no perfect vaccine.

"Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads, but still prevents severe illness."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-v ... lness.html
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

I’ll share my family and friends statistics and and stories about being immunised with Chinese vaccines. Mother in law, 6 brother in-laws + spouses + nieces, nephews,cousins and so on, probably around 50 in total. Through one brothers job he was able to get everyone access to be vaccinated early on. Same as our friends family, possibly 10 people so an overall count of 60 or so. Everyone took up the opportunity to get vaccinated with the exception of my mother in law, who listened to and believed all the conspiracy theory’s doing the rounds, mostly on opposition Facebook pages. Also the mother and father from the friends family resisted, the mother was immunised maybe 10 days ago and the father still didn’t believe it was something he needed to worry about. So, this week the shit hits the fan, mother in law gets taken by an ambulance to the COVID centre and tested positive. Put on oxygen and almost dead, brother that lives with her tests positive, but no symptoms, he is immunised. House is taped up and locked down. All immediate family tested and all negative, they were all immunised with Chinese vaccine. Friends father was admitted to the Russian hospital, put on oxygen and almost dead also, he tested positive to Covid, rest of his family tested and negative, all immunised with chinese vaccine.
Good news is both seem to be improving and off the oxygen.
So that’s my family stats. The Chinese vacs seemed to work well. I got my AZ shot today
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:22 pm I’ll share my family and friends statistics and and stories about being immunised with Chinese vaccines. Mother in law, 6 brother in-laws + spouses + nieces, nephews,cousins and so on, probably around 50 in total. Through one brothers job he was able to get everyone access to be vaccinated early on. Same as our friends family, possibly 10 people so an overall count of 60 or so. Everyone took up the opportunity to get vaccinated with the exception of my mother in law, who listened to and believed all the conspiracy theory’s doing the rounds, mostly on opposition Facebook pages. Also the mother and father from the friends family resisted, the mother was immunised maybe 10 days ago and the father still didn’t believe it was something he needed to worry about. So, this week the shit hits the fan, mother in law gets taken by an ambulance to the COVID centre and tested positive. Put on oxygen and almost dead, brother that lives with her tests positive, but no symptoms, he is immunised. House is taped up and locked down. All immediate family tested and all negative, they were all immunised with Chinese vaccine. Friends father was admitted to the Russian hospital, put on oxygen and almost dead also, he tested positive to Covid, rest of his family tested and negative, all immunised with chinese vaccine.
Good news is both seem to be improving and off the oxygen.
So that’s my family stats. The Chinese vacs seemed to work well. I got my AZ shot today
Really nice info. good for your family. Are you in Cambodia? How did you manage to get AZ?
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

No I’m in Australia, my wife is living on messenger video, very hard for her not being there with her mother
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 am No I’m in Australia,
So all the 'statistics' is just secondhand bollocks then..
Not a hint of bias or anything.. :facepalm:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:50 pm Interesting discussion comparing Sinovac with other vaccines.

One slightly alarming comment the guy says is that there is now evidence from Thailand that suggests the antibodies of people vaccinated with Sinovac may only last 3 months.

Also, herd immunity with vaccine alone is near impossible, it ought to be with a mix of vaccine and infection (mild ones) to achieve full protection. This shows the Zero-Covid policy as having serious limitations.

He also said the Zero-Covid policy could stretch out to 3 years! Sod that!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Apollo91881 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Not really; too much being made of anecdoteal comments in the media regarding perceived results of each vaccine to draw any firm conclusions
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:15 am
Apollo91881 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Not really; too much being made of anecdoteal comments in the media regarding perceived results of each vaccine to draw any firm conclusions
It was very revealing what he said about mixing the vaccines. No trials have been properly conducted and he could not recommend it. It is promising, but entirely untested. Yet Thailand, Cambodia and Malaysia (I think) are going to give a whirl anyway.

Let all the Oknas and army be the guinea pigs on that one, me thinks...
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Railroad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:11 am
pauloxleyisland wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 am No I’m in Australia,
So all the 'statistics' is just secondhand bollocks then..
Not a hint of bias or anything.. :facepalm:
You fuckwit, don’t I wish I was in the same place as you right now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic