Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by Kammekor »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:10 pm Official: Cambodia has sufficient oxygen supplies
Mom Kunthear | Publication date 24 July 2021 | 18:17 ICT
Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Health official said Cambodia currently has sufficient supplies of oxygen to provide for patients in general, not just those infected with Covid-19. Preah Sihanouk Administration

A senior Ministry of Health official said Cambodia is fully capable of supplying oxygen to Covid-19 patients in the country, although demands are currently increasing.

Health ministry secretary of state Ngov Kang cautioned, however, that public participation in implementing preventive measures is a must to avoid depleted supplies amid the ongoing pandemic, noting that Cambodia is still recording a high number of daily infections.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... n-supplies
Unfortunately in the remote provinces, at least in mine, there's lack of oxygen. One of the people in my village died of lung covid on Monday without oxygen. No stock. People are ramped up in the local high school, or in a primary school 35 km away when it's too full. This guy ended up 35 km away in a place without oxygen.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by AndyKK »

At this moment the Delta variant is causing worry to authorities of how to stop or control the strain, and not only in Cambodia. I have that gut feeling like I have mentioned in the past about the virus laying dormant in its host/carrier, at this stage the virus is doing no harm or damage too the host, nor to others. Then there could be multidrug resistant strains. But one of the more concerning factors is if multiple strains of the virus, such has the Delta and Alpha or Beta merge into one new variant, then this will be devastating because of the viruses rapidness resulting in a high mortality rate.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am At this moment the Delta variant is causing worry to authorities of how to stop or control the strain, and not only in Cambodia. I have that gut feeling like I have mentioned in the past about the virus laying dormant in its host/carrier, at this stage the virus is doing no harm or damage too the host, nor to others. Then there could be multidrug resistant strains. But one of the more concerning factors is if multiple strains of the virus, such has the Delta and Alpha or Beta merge into one new variant, then this will be devastating because of the viruses rapidness resulting in a high mortality rate.
See this is why there’s so much misinformation around. People post stuff and other people regurgitate it later, without remembering where they saw it.

They (being researchers, doctors scientists etc) don’t know a lot of things about COVID. They think it could lie dormant, which may be why people don’t show symptoms and may why they don’t spread it, and it may lie in the brain, as there’s no immune response there.
Wether the different strains mutate they also don’t know.
They don’t go on gut feelings but facts.

Lots of speculation and theory’s.
People of the world, spice up your life.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

mannanman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:16 pm
AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am At this moment the Delta variant is causing worry to authorities of how to stop or control the strain, and not only in Cambodia. I have that gut feeling like I have mentioned in the past about the virus laying dormant in its host/carrier, at this stage the virus is doing no harm or damage too the host, nor to others. Then there could be multidrug resistant strains. But one of the more concerning factors is if multiple strains of the virus, such has the Delta and Alpha or Beta merge into one new variant, then this will be devastating because of the viruses rapidness resulting in a high mortality rate.
See this is why there’s so much misinformation around. People post stuff and other people regurgitate it later, without remembering where they saw it.

They (being researchers, doctors scientists etc) don’t know a lot of things about COVID. They think it could lie dormant, which may be why people don’t show symptoms and may why they don’t spread it, and it may lie in the brain, as there’s no immune response there.

What do you suppose I have speculated on? Also what do you think is only a theory of mine? You think I only have gut feelings about such matters. Please would you like to tell me the facts about what I am talking about.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:59 pm

What do you suppose I have speculated on? Also what do you think is only a theory of mine? You think I only have gut feelings about such matters. Please would you like to tell me the facts about what I am talking about.
You’re the one who said you had a gut feeling. I’ve bolded it for you, if you’ve forgotten.

Non of your theories are fact or backed up with any links. It’s just guesses.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

mannanman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:45 pm
AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:59 pm

You’re the one who said you had a gut feeling. I’ve bolded it for you, if you’ve forgotten.

Non of your theories are fact or backed up with any links. It’s just guesses.
This Alpha - Beta - Delta becoming a single new super variant is the latest scare story from the boffins at SAGE in the UK. As infectious as Delta with a mortality of MERS. I can't find a reference, I can't really be bothered searching, but The Sun (the rag of record) has been banging on about the Lambda variant which is even more infectious blah blah... because of the new, wait for it...

Of particular concern to virologists is the L452Q spike protein because of its potential to infect human cells like the L452R mutation in the highly infectious Delta variant.

Like any Sun reader knows wtf that lot means.

The fact of the matter is the more infectious the virus is, the quicker it spreads and that is good if you want to get it over and done with.

If a new variant emerged, lets call it the LAST variant, whereby an infected person infected everyone they came within 10 feet of, it would all be over by September. It would be very messy but it would simply be a case of, 'it kills you or you kill it'. Sooner or later it just runs out of people to latch onto and cause harm, and then it's all over.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Exactly. MERS was infectious and everyone (more or less) showed symptoms.

Maybe COVID is a flawed virus in real terms and they’ll look at it in 5/10/20 years and say yeah we all screwed that one up!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

The more hosts, the more mutations!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yobbo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm The more hosts, the more mutations!
Lots of hosts plus lots of time to mutate, sure. But a super fast bug has less time to mutate.

At this rate it has lots of time to work it's magic.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update on youth vaccinations:

Nearly 80,000 Under-18s Get First Jab

AKP Phnom Penh, August 03, 2021 --

In the first two days of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign for the under-18s, 79,676 people have received their first dose, pointed out a report of the National Ad-hoc Committee for COVID-19 Vaccination.

The figure represents 4.05 percent of the target of almost 2 million children aged from 12 to under 18 years old, it added.

The COVID-19 vaccination campaign for the under-18s was kicked off in Phnom Penh on Aug. 1 under the presidency of Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE.

The vaccination of younger citizens, conducted on a voluntary basis, started from Phnom Penh capital, and the provinces of Kandal, Preah Sihanouk and Koh Kong provinces.

For the adults, as of Aug. 2, 7,418,453 people have got their first jab, or 74.18 percent of the planned 10 million people for the vaccination, among them 4,927,876 have been fully vaccinated.
AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic