Kids Vaccinations?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Kids Vaccinations?

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:59 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:14 pm
Patcan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:50 pm Stuck in traffic delivering on your moto or tuk tuk...Quick stop for a beer and a game of cards...
Finally get there and the girl on her phone says park the package here...1/2hour later gets put in the fridge....
Let's see...who do we have to get vaccinated today at 100$ a pop....
All legal medications are provided by the same licensed company in Cambodia, you will find their sticker on each and every (legal) box. They have a pretty comprehensive network.
I don't doubt that by any means, the company you may talk of, has full control of what is available to buy in the country, and also what pharmacy will get what to sell. You could say it's a little bit like regulating the flow of nessasery drugs to the people who depend on them. But in most cases it is not, example - my lady needs two daily drugs and can't break the cycle, I can get from only 3 pharmacists, Phnom Penh, Kampong Cham and Koh Kong. But, all it takes is someone to fall out of favor.
AFAIK pharmacies are free to buy any drug out of the ones available, but some drugs are so low in demand they're not on offer in smaller places. I live in the Northeast but depend on Phnom Penh for some drugs as well.
On the other hand, if I would name the drugs on this forum probably 99% of the readers wouldn't have a clue what they were for.
It's more than possible that the drugs maybe too expansive! I know of a foreign pharmacist whom I talked to about obtaining the drugs that are needed, he tried for me, but the supplier made the drug so expensive that it wasn't worthwhile to stock, also if I was to then buy at his cost without his profits it was way more than what I pay now. It was the pharmacist whom told me about being in favour, also the ones that obviously have more chance, are the ones with a larger turnover.
The supply was also changed for another brand, instead of the European medicines, now it is a Thai brand. This is okay now, but at the time it caused problems again with her wellbeing. I suspect regulations are not very strict or followed.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

When I changed my kids name. and got the new improved birth certificate I didn’t get a new yellow doctor folder paper thing with the past shots he got before when he had the other name . I wonder where I can go now to get a new one now that he don’t have a mother anymore ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kammekor wrote:On the other hand, if I would name the drugs on this forum probably 99% of the readers wouldn't have a clue what they were for.
I’d have to agree. The Kingdom of Wonder gets drugs from France, Russia, Turkey, etc., all with different brand names of the same drug. I often had to turn to Google to actually find out what missus had been given to take.

On the other hand, you might be more educated than the lot of CEO (myself included) put together.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Just wanted to say thanks for this information - had my kid vaccinated at the National Pediatric Hospital today. They stamped the private clinic's vaccination book and we were given a plastic card with a number and QR code which should hold the child's records.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

reflexline wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:05 pm Just wanted to say thanks for this information - had my kid vaccinated at the National Pediatric Hospital today. They stamped the private clinic's vaccination book and we were given a plastic card with a number and QR code which should hold the child's records.
Good choice for vaccinations...Should have cost 5$ to register and get their NPH book and card and 5$ for the vaccination....
Fast track for a doctor checkup is 10$ which includes medicine...They tried to charge me double for the vaccination shots so be warned...
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

The bill was $6 for the two month vaccinations. I can't imagine that it would have been less than $100 at a private clinic.

We were even given a bag of mystery pills for the baby (which went in the bin).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic