K440 were anything goes as long as it toes the party line!!!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Bomber
Expatriate

Re: K440 were anything goes as long as it toes the party lin

Post by Bomber »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
You can do whatever you want with your own car.

You can drive it off a cliff, you can set it on fire, you can run people over with it.

(What happens afterwards is an entirely different question).
You do understand that with such an argumentation you will always catch 22.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

FreeSocrates! wrote:

You can drive it off a cliff, you can set it on fire, you can run people over with it.

The fact that these things rarely happen is a testament that there must be some sliver of hope for mankind.
Even less logical!

You "can" post a PM here on CEO, and on K440. :facepalm:

Red Dragon proved that twice today that you "can" do it by actually doing it.

Are you "allowed" to do it is the obvious question. The word "can" on this whole thread is clearly being used to mean "allowed."

There is no way you are so unintelligent that you actually thought this thread (or my analogy about a car) was using the definition of "can" meaning "the ability to do something."

Of course you "can" do anything in the universe that doesn't defy the laws of physics, but that's clearly not what we're discussing here. :facepalm:

I think you've shown how silly you're being, so I'm likely done discussing this further with you, as you seem very illogical and don't even know the meaning of the word "can" as being used here in plain everyday English.

So yes, using your meaning of the word "can," you "can" drive your car through a mall or over a cliff. You "can" even drive a car that you DON'T own through a mall. The list goes on and on if we use your definition of "can." Congratulations. You win this round, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

potty wrote:GM... to get back to my previous question:

I want to publish an extremely damaging email from my doctor here.
dunno if he is a member or not.
can I?
Do you have reason to believe they might be a member here, and what is your point in posting it anyways?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bomber
Expatriate

Post by Bomber »

FreeSocrates! wrote:

Hey Free Socrates. Applied logic can be a pain in the ass. It even can be dangerous. Read this:

A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one weekday in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.

Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that the "surprise hanging" can't be on Friday, as if he hasn't been hanged by Thursday, there is only one day left - and so it won't be a surprise if he's hanged on Friday. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.

He then reasons that the surprise hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because Friday has already been eliminated and if he hasn't been hanged by Wednesday night, the hanging must occur on Thursday, making a Thursday hanging not a surprise either. By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.

The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday — which, despite all the above, was an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said came true.
red dragon
Tourist

Post by red dragon »

bendix wrote:Well that failed spectacularly, didn't it red dragon?

For the record he was banned for:

1) copying a PM into a thread, and
2) compounding it by starting a second thread by copying the same PM again.

I suspect any forum would do the same. It seems the consensus here supports that view.

The ban isn't permanent. It was initially for one month, but I have been persuaded that was too harsh and it has been reduced to a week.
Don't worry I won't be rejoining. I'll catch Scobi in the not too distant future in Rehab bar. Let's see if you/he? calls me a prick in person.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

The fact that red dragon cannot take a message he received on a totally different website (NOT THIS ONE) and post it on here, is ridiculous and absurd.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Bomber wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:

Hey Free Socrates. Applied logic can be a pain in the ass. It even can be dangerous. Read this:

A judge tells a condemned prisoner that he will be hanged at noon on one weekday in the following week but that the execution will be a surprise to the prisoner. He will not know the day of the hanging until the executioner knocks on his cell door at noon that day.

Having reflected on his sentence, the prisoner draws the conclusion that he will escape from the hanging. His reasoning is in several parts. He begins by concluding that the "surprise hanging" can't be on Friday, as if he hasn't been hanged by Thursday, there is only one day left - and so it won't be a surprise if he's hanged on Friday. Since the judge's sentence stipulated that the hanging would be a surprise to him, he concludes it cannot occur on Friday.

He then reasons that the surprise hanging cannot be on Thursday either, because Friday has already been eliminated and if he hasn't been hanged by Wednesday night, the hanging must occur on Thursday, making a Thursday hanging not a surprise either. By similar reasoning he concludes that the hanging can also not occur on Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday. Joyfully he retires to his cell confident that the hanging will not occur at all.

The next week, the executioner knocks on the prisoner's door at noon on Wednesday — which, despite all the above, was an utter surprise to him. Everything the judge said came true.
You should read "The Stranger".

Albert Camus has a much stronger take on this type of scenario.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

FreeSocrates! wrote:The fact that red dragon cannot take a message he received on a totally different website (NOT THIS ONE) and post it on here, is ridiculous and absurd.
I would agree with that.

What was your point? Drag 440 through the mud?
[not necessary. they can do it by themselves]

:stir:
red dragon
Tourist

Post by red dragon »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:A couple of points because I followed the thread :

1) Isn't the purpose of private mails exactly that. Part of my initial reason at joining here originally was because there seemed to be a question mark over previous management divulging content of private mail, it added to my discontent at the time.

However

2) Having seen the content of the private mail you received and posted before it was deleted amused and slightly concerns me. Your comment that instigated the PM was the exact same that a well placed poster made to me after a question I asked on a separate thread. I'm left wondering whether his comment received a similar PM from admin. It wasn't a big issue at the time for me but Insee it in a different light from what has just happened to you. If not is it because of his position or the fact that you were taking a view against the group norm. Have you rocked the boat by not attacking Splinter like everyone else and stating a reality that sits uncomfortably for some reason with others.

It's certainly got me thinking a bit, as much as these things matter in the grand scheme of things. Food for thought.

I presume you've been banned for sharing the contents of a private email and unfortunately that I agree with even though I agreed with some of your sentiments in your very original post. I actually thought Splinter's post was one of the funniest and best for a long time, his views on the infrastructure are reality. I know he's wound people up, he took it in return, and came back with a good post albeit a bit personal.

I'm replying on here because Red Dragon is apparently banned over there if anyone misunderstands.
If we are not able to show uneven heavy handedness by admin either by reproducing or summarizing their PMs (I tried this too) then the forums are open to blatant bias as happened in this case. PMs aren't private they're messages sent to individuals who can share with the world if they choose. If he wasn't comfortable with others knowing how he deals with dissent he shouldn't have written it. The issue with admin reading your private PMs is something different.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Username Taken wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:The fact that red dragon cannot take a message he received on a totally different website (NOT THIS ONE) and post it on here, is ridiculous and absurd.
I would agree with that.

What was your point? Drag 440 through the mud?
[not necessary. they can do it by themselves]

:stir:

I really don't care about K440. I met Gavin Mac once and a few others from there. They seemed alright.

I just don't get why in this age of "digital freedom", people are so scared and insecure to let others post what someone told them.

If someone sends me a PM, and I never agreed to keep it private, why should I be bound by some dude that owns a website weird form of ethics?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic