The Curry Club

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The Curry Club

Post by AndyKK »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:23 pm Curry King in Toul Kork is also a solid choice; ordering via Nham24 & no disappointments so far. :thumbsup:
I have had a few dishes from there myself, and yes they have not disappointed, but I have needed the cold water jug at hand.
:evil: hot, hot, hot.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

What did you have?! My biggest complaint is their dishes need more heat!! :o
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

AndyKK wrote: Freightdog get yourself on food panda and treat those tastebuds of yours, anticipation is good for your appetite if the food is sure to follow. I look forward to reading about your curry here.]
Curry is something of a social effort, among other things. I’ll have to wait a while, I think…
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 pm What did you have?! My biggest complaint is their dishes need more heat!! :o
Spigzy refferance page 18 Lamb Bhuna it was very good, but my lips these days are getting a pounding. There's another thread comes to mind "Asbestos".
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 am Tonight's meal was delivered by food panda, but then again this is not an odd method for me. I had popped out in the early evening to buy a few supplies, you could say niceties really, a good sized durian from road 1 where there are plenty of carts setup along the roadside, good value at the moment at 15,000reil per kilo. Small loaf of bread and fresh cakes with a few ice creams to eat has afters, the refreshing cool tastes following some of my ordered hot curries. It's still very rare of me to travel out these days, what with the Covid19 virus and now the imposed curfew once again. I find overall it's better to stay indoors and become some kind of unapproachable hermit in one sence or another. I can't help to think of my surrounding's has several police officers came to try and take one of the five possitive tested Covid19 victims in my apartment building. "Try was the only word" because the main entrance door was bolted shut, the police left now with only the power of words, the sick guy refusing to go anywhere. The police were well equipped with restraining items, net and poles with a neck leach at it's end, intended on keeping the infected victim at a safe distance. The guys wife was now shouting back at the police, she recently been cared for at the facilities at Koh Pich, coming home for her own needs and self treatment of Covid19. Its seems the police weren't fully equipped "lack of raincoats" because when it started to rain they all left.
When you see such things taking place it makes me wonder what control do the authorities have over the Covid19 situation. But now we have another imposed curfew for two weeks, thinking it could turn out longer. The people in charge must be seen to do something that may stop the new delta variant taking hold in the country. I would think possible that it's too late in the day, boarders should have meant closed when it was first announced, not only part closure has it turned out.
One good thing is my food delivery guys had not been beaten by sticks at the roadblocks this time round.

Yes I know I added a few chips.
How come the total price is cheaper than the sub total?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Gazzy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 am

Food panda discount, always shows gross and then after discount price in the total

I'd say the after discount price is what it should be. $1.50 for a chapatti seems a lot
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 am
Gazzy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:23 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 am

Food panda discount, always shows gross and then after discount price in the total

I'd say the after discount price is what it should be. $1.50 for a chapatti seems a lot
Yes, you are right Colin but that price is for two chapatti's. But I don't like to see from one place to the other Chapatti's $0.57 and then $1. Because I like two has a rule.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Quick, easy and nice tonight.

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Chips have no place in a curry - have a word with yourselves!! :D
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:44 pm Chips have no place in a curry - have a word with yourselves!! :D
Curry and chips, pint of Guinness. I’m sure someone said you could march an army on that.

The joys of the raj, we introduced India to the delight of the chip, in equal return for such a culinary delight, the UK got

Curries galore
Byrianis
Poppadoms
Naan
Chatnee (pickle)
Tamarind (HP)
Dahl

And Delhi Belly

Seems a fair trade…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic