Rogue submarine off Scotland

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
UKJ
Expatriate

Re: Rogue submarine off Scotland

Post by UKJ »

Well timed wake up call for the tree huggers who want to decommission Scotland's defence. Between that, and the plummeting oil price, their indy plans have been shown to be pie in the sky. However, they are still pushing ahead for indy by the back door.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Digg3r wrote:
vladimir wrote:We don't need a war between Russia and Scotland

People could get kilt.
That's too good to be a genuine Vladimir pun. What's the source?
People that know me know different.

I rattle them off, bro, feed me beer and give me a topic, away we go.

Don't let dickheads with personal agendas tell you what to think.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Pun fight! :dragonchase:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

UKJ wrote:Well timed wake up call for the tree huggers who want to decommission Scotland's defence. Between that, and the plummeting oil price, their indy plans have been shown to be pie in the sky. However, they are still pushing ahead for indy by the back door.
And predictably the last ditch desperation promises of the cosy Westminster political establishment are being shown to be as immediate and hollow as I thought they would be. Normal service resumed all round I'd say.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:
UKJ wrote:Well timed wake up call for the tree huggers who want to decommission Scotland's defence. Between that, and the plummeting oil price, their indy plans have been shown to be pie in the sky. However, they are still pushing ahead for indy by the back door.
And predictably the last ditch desperation promises of the cosy Westminster political establishment are being shown to be as immediate and hollow as I thought they would be. Normal service resumed all round I'd say.
I don't think I want the SE to have too many powers though. It sounds a bit xenophobic to only want Scots to rule, and not other Brits. It's a case of " meet the new boss, worse than the old boss"! Drivers can barely drink now, if they want to drive the next day. As a landlord, I have to check properties for legionaires disease every two years I think, and have main smoke or heat sensors in every room, and every electrical appliance checked every two years, buy a license, and get energy certificates. I might as well give the SE my ATM pin number! And, they chose the cabinet by gender, rather than ability. Scotland is going to be the biggest nanny state.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I agree with you sort of UKJ. I think it's xenophobic and unreasonable for Scotland to get more powers and expect their Westminster MP's to continue to have a say in purely Non Scottish affairs. However my annoyance with the last minute Gordon Brown fronted bribe was the full implications of the promise were not laid out for all to understand. Had they been I think the vote would have been even closer, maybe not swung the other way but closer nonetheless.

I don't live in Scotland so you have the knowledge on what things are like on the ground re who How the SE performs. One thing I found surprising was my best friend who owns his own paid up property but is an expat abroad had a demand from his local council for double council tax unless he occupied his property or rented it out. He wouldn't pay it on the grounds he visited frequently. After tooing and ftooing they relented. I didn't like the thought they could levy that charge on an asset you'd paid for if they didn't like how you were utilising it.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic