Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
annejanes
Expatriate

Re: Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by annejanes »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm
annejanes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 pm
theKid wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:25 pm
annejanes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:51 pm Here's what happens. He will be arrested. He will be jailed for 6 months until he gets a trial. His evidence won't be heard. He will be assumed guilty. He may be able to buy his way out or buy bail. Maybe he deserves it but do you really want to get involved with a bunch of corrupt scammers who's only intetest will be getting money from you when the realize you are a barang as well? My advice is to avoid the police, it will be very expensive and there won't be a fair trial. Find a way to get justice instead.
My advice is to avoid stabbing people.
Good advice but you don't have to stab someone in Cambodia to be accused of it and do the time. You only have to be accused. Seems this case is genuine but the police won't care about that.
Is that a common occurrence? I've been here for a while now, me along with everyone I know have never been accused of stabbing anyone
I wouldn't say it's common. anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Im quite familiar with the system. I know someone who is up for trial after exactly this happened. Easy enough to prove it didn't happen but none of his lawyers want to fight it that way. They say just plead guilty. When asked why they won't fight the case based on evidence they say because Cambodia is corrupt. Oddly enough the investigative judge asked for the charge to be dropped but made no difference. But don't take my word for it. I'm a 172 meth head and an ex army guy told me this story in a bar. Just saying. Don't expect the police or lawyers not to extort you once they have your case. I personally wouldn't risk it.
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Re: Foreigner (known as 'Blue') Accused of Stabbing at Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by BillDoe »

Any update on who was stabbed? I just spoke to someone who was there the night they claimed this happened and said this guy wasn't even there..
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 pm It's mostly the same person under different handles. So no need to worry, just avoid the dregs of Daun Penh.
Nice sediment. Some of us have to live and play in DP. I know...
you rest your case.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

fukt that up!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:54 pm ....
Hangout with teflers once and you'll be smoking ice and stabbing people in hipster bars
what's a tefler?
[/quote]

a pedant would say .. a person who Teaches English as a Foreign Language;

[/quote]

thank you, sir, for your copious and enlightening response. I shall choose the aforementioned.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You misquoted Laudjohn.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Yet another thread fizzled out into a big fat nothingburger
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Yet another thread fizzled out into a big fat nothingburger
[/quote]

You need to see this movie , they played this song on the end . Ended in the climax …

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The accused stabber is Colombian, not from Seattle.

No idea if he actually did what he's accused of in the OP, mind
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

We need Bluey on the case..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic