A relationship with a female Thai monk.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

A relationship with a female Thai monk.

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

Met a Thai girl on Khao San Road late at night at a food stall whilst on a short stay in Thailand. Her hair was long wavy and black. She was quite tiny 140cm, 35kg maybe. Her father was from Cambodia and her mom was Thai. My first girlfriend experience in Asia. She had no land, no possessions of note and no money. She didn't care for money only human kindness towards her fellow Thais. Her past was working as a chef in a variety of restaurants before she moved to Southern Thailand to live with her boyfriend at his mom's house. She left him when he had an affair and moved back to Bangkok. She had connections with a Thai businesswoman she had worked for in the past as a chef and got a job at one of her tourist information offices in KS area.

She seemed disinterested at times and madly in love at others. The disinterested part was probably her coming to the conclusion that we had no future. Did I mention that she was a soothsayer too. She read palms, did taro readings and looked after ghosts.

She was split in her thinking. She wanted the fairy tale relationship and maybe a kid, but also wished be a monk with chastity and no relations. She never mentioned money or kids or settling down. She only said she may move to Austrailia to be beside her best mate. Her best friend married an Aussie retired policeman and had already sponsored her stay in Aus once before. None of her friends were in the sex industry and they were all the polite, deeply religious and pro Thai culture. However she was a mongrel of Lao (Language, food), Thai (King and country) and Cambodia (her only living parent).

24 she was, and I was 28. Fast forward 13 years and a quick check of her social media shows she is indeed a Monk in some temple in Australia. Posts giving and receiving alms and wearing robes all in white. Imagine being in a relationship with someone so ghostly. I let her go and it took about a year of wallowing before I moved on emotionally. I am married with kids now. I've had loads of relationships or ONS's, but I have only loved two. The first and the last. She had a piece of my heart, but my wife has claimed all of my heart now. Still I have fond memories of my only TG relationship
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A relationship with a female Thai monk.

Post by John Bingham »

There are no female monks allowed in Thai Buddhism, whatever these renegade Australian branches think.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Thread's trailer
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Phnom Penh Pal wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:44 pm Did I mention that she was a soothsayer too. She read palms, did taro readings and looked after ghosts.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Why was he banned?
People of the world, spice up your life.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:26 pm There are no female monks allowed in Thai Buddhism, whatever these renegade Australian branches think.
Could he mean Buddhist nuns?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

mannanman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:35 am Why was he banned?
I would presume for polluting the forum with textual litter!

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I just saw his “farewell” thread. Silly.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic