A quarter of the way around the world in 31hours

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: A quarter of the way around the world in 31hours

Post by atst »

So how would your time compare with what Sokha is offering and would you pre book if you had to do it again?
I'm thinking booking hotel , taking the chance of maybe no open window looking at a brick wall for two weeks won't be worth the couple hundred saved.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:17 pm So how would your time compare with what Sokha is offering and would you pre book if you had to do it again?
I'm thinking booking hotel , taking the chance of maybe no open window looking at a brick wall for two weeks won't be worth the couple hundred saved.
My primary focus is getting home to see the family; spending the money on extra comfort while idle is wasted money! That said,
A rough calculation shows 14 days at $15 extra. For fresh air, if it were available, that might be good.

If the rumour is true about UK travellers being normally directed to Okay, I might have missed out on this as my entry paperwork said Singapore (everyone from the Singapore flight went to Anik). My flight started as Emirates out of London, but the code share is Jetstar. I might pay particular attention making my origin more obvious, as Okay would be better for me.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:07 pm If the rumour is true about UK travellers being normally directed to Okay, I might have missed out on this as my entry paperwork said Singapore (everyone from the Singapore flight went to Anik). My flight started as Emirates out of London, but the code share is Jetstar. I might pay particular attention making my origin more obvious, as Okay would be better for me.
Not travellers from the UK, plenty of non-UK passport holders who have travelled from UK and haven't been segregated....just UK passport holders, no matter their recent travel history.

Yours is the only report I have come across of a UK passport holder not being sent to the Okay Boutique since they started (pointlessly) segregating them. Strange.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:16 am just UK passport holders, no matter their recent travel history.

Yours is the only report I have come across of a UK passport holder not being sent to the Okay Boutique since they started (pointlessly) segregating them. Strange.
Oh, well. Bang goes that plan. It’ll all change by the time I get back again…
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:16 am
Freightdog wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:07 pm If the rumour is true about UK travellers being normally directed to Okay, I might have missed out on this as my entry paperwork said Singapore (everyone from the Singapore flight went to Anik). My flight started as Emirates out of London, but the code share is Jetstar. I might pay particular attention making my origin more obvious, as Okay would be better for me.
Not travellers from the UK, plenty of non-UK passport holders who have travelled from UK and haven't been segregated....just UK passport holders, no matter their recent travel history.

I don't know of any, except FD, who didn't end up in Okay.

Maybe the Okay have had a gutful of the Brits and need a break?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:16 am

I don't know of any, except FD, who didn't end up in Okay.

Maybe the Okay have had a gutful of the Brits and need a break?
I may be on my way back again soon. I wonder if the Okay Boutique is still the preferred place for UK nationals to be billeted, and if there’s any way of influencing it?

Answers on a postcard, please.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:21 am
I may be on my way back again soon. I wonder if the Okay Boutique is still the preferred place for UK nationals to be billeted, and if there’s any way of influencing it?

Answers on a postcard, please.
Nope, recent reports indicate that they are no longer segregating and sending all UK passport holders to the Okay Boutique. You can either pre-book one of the 4 ASQ Hotels, or ride the mystery bus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic