Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by jah steu »

Cooldude wrote:As far as I can tell, those blue bottles are industrial-grade oxygen bottles. I believe the medical-grade oxygen bottles are green and white.
I’ve looked at photos of oxygen cylinders from a few local suppliers and there doesn’t seem to be a standard colour scheme in place here. One supplier had green oxy cylinders, another dark blue.
They may possibly be industrial oxygen. But there is virtually no difference in oxygen purity between industrial and medical oxygen. There may be a very slight moisture content difference. The main difference is that the medical oxygen cylinders are flushed before each fill, and they are certified by whatever local scheme is in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by AndyKK »

jah steu wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:02 pm
Cooldude wrote:As far as I can tell, those blue bottles are industrial-grade oxygen bottles. I believe the medical-grade oxygen bottles are green and white.
I’ve looked at photos of oxygen cylinders from a few local suppliers and there doesn’t seem to be a standard colour scheme in place here. One supplier had green oxy cylinders, another dark blue.
They may possibly be industrial oxygen. But there is virtually no difference in oxygen purity between industrial and medical oxygen. There may be a very slight moisture content difference. The main difference is that the medical oxygen cylinders are flushed before each fill, and they are certified by whatever local scheme is in place.

What would be such local schemes in place? Would it not be the ministry of health who certifies the purity of oxygen too be administrated? One thing I have mentioned before is simply administrating oxygen to aid the sick persons breathing, yes all very good if the virus has been controlled beforehand, if not, would the oxygen aid the virus too?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by jah steu »

AndyKK wrote: What would be such local schemes in place? Would it not be the ministry of health who certifies the purity of oxygen too be administrated? One thing I have mentioned before is simply administrating oxygen to aid the sick persons breathing, yes all very good if the virus has been controlled beforehand, if not, would the oxygen aid the virus too?
The local scheme to standardise gas cylinder colours might follow UK, USA or another national scheme. Or there may not be one in place. I don’t know. I do see that many cylinders here don’t have labels giving important information about the contents.
I doubt the Ministry of Health would specify purity and anyway purity isn’t an issue. Often medical oxygen is only 93% pure oxygen. It’s the cylinder cleaning and moisture content that are more important.
No the oxygen would not aid the virus. It allows the patient to absorb enough oxygen via his inflamed lungs to keep the brain, heart, lungs and other organs alive.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Stiliko wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 pm New York Times today:

They Were Once Luxury Venues. Now They Are Grim Covid Camps.

As an outbreak seizes Cambodia, patients who test positive for the virus say they are being forced into quarantine centers that are more like makeshift prisons than hospitals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/worl ... ticleShare
Maybe, but two of my wife's family have been quarantined in a provincial facility after testing positive.
They both have symptoms.
They are saying it is OK. The food is good and the sleeping arrangements are fine. They equated it to a VIP prison!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Official: Cambodia has sufficient oxygen supplies
Mom Kunthear | Publication date 24 July 2021 | 18:17 ICT
Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Health official said Cambodia currently has sufficient supplies of oxygen to provide for patients in general, not just those infected with Covid-19. Preah Sihanouk Administration

A senior Ministry of Health official said Cambodia is fully capable of supplying oxygen to Covid-19 patients in the country, although demands are currently increasing.

Health ministry secretary of state Ngov Kang cautioned, however, that public participation in implementing preventive measures is a must to avoid depleted supplies amid the ongoing pandemic, noting that Cambodia is still recording a high number of daily infections.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... n-supplies
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Get your teenagers vaccinated from 1 August (Phnom Penh):

July 25, 2021
Update: venue for launch of vaccination of youth aged 12-17 changed to Peace Palace

Prime Minister HE will launch the vaccination campaign for children and youth aged 12-17 at the Peace Palace and will be holding a press conference during the occasion. This was announced by the Director of Protocol, Song Leng Bora, to local news on July 25.

This update was released after a previous report stated the Calmette Hospital will be used as the launching venue for the vaccination campaign of underaged youth. The decision of the change of venue was made by the Prime Minister. The Peace Palace is spacious and ideal for the planned press conference.

As previously reported as well, the Mr HE will still preside over the opening ceremony of the vaccination campaign and will be bringing all of his grandchildren that are eligible to receive the shots to be vaccinated. In addition to the Prime Minister’s grandchildren, the grandchildren of other officials will be vaccinated as well. The launch is scheduled for August 1.

The vaccination of the youth is the first step to reopen schools. It is also important to herd immunity and the opening of more social activities.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50900964/u ... ce-palace/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia to allow private firms to import COVID-19 vaccines: health minister
Source: Xinhua| 2021-07-27 17:54:24|Editor: huaxia

PHNOM PENH, July 27 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia will allow private companies to import COVID-19 vaccines for distribution to private hospitals and clinics across the kingdom, Health Minister Mam Bunheng said in a statement on Tuesday.

"In a bid to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Ministry of Health will allow medical import and export firms to apply for a license to import any COVID-19 vaccines that have been approved by the World Health Organization," he said.

The minister added that applicants must ensure that they are qualified enough to transport, handle and store the vaccines safely and effectively, in compliance with technical standards.

The Southeast Asian nation has three WHO-recognized vaccines approved for emergency use, namely China's Sinopharm and Sinovac and Britain's AstraZeneca.

The country began an anti-COVID-19 inoculation drive on Feb. 10, with China being the key vaccine supplier.

Health ministry's secretary of state and spokeswoman Or Vandine said that so far, the kingdom has vaccinated 6.84 million people, or 68.4 percent of the 10 million targeted adult population.
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapa ... 089765.htm

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I must say the roll out of vaccinations is going really fast. Even my small village in the Northeast has been visited and most have received their first sino jab.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

with already talks about a 3rd dose, i wonder will the world every, be at even 25%
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:54 am I must say the roll out of vaccinations is going really fast. Even my small village in the Northeast has been visited and most have received their first sino jab.
Agreed, they're doing an amazing job. They did 220,640 jabs on the 16th July (best day to date). Really is a race to get it done, considering they are doing the minimum in terms of other prevention strategies.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic