Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

in the midst of a pandemic with cases reaching over 13,000+/day
thailand is looking for long term expats.
Do you qualify?
Of the four groups, "rich global citizens" have no age restrictions, but this group is required to invest at least US$500,000 (16.4 million baht) in government bonds, property or foreign direct investment. They must have at least $80,000 in income over the last two years and $1 million in assets.

Meanwhile, wealthy retirees must be at least 50 and have an annual income of $40,000, in addition to investing $250,000 in government bonds or real estate.

Professionals interested in working from Thailand includes remote work or employees of large companies that are close to retirement. They must have $40,000 per year in income with an educational background of at least a master's degree or higher, or rights in intellectual property, and five years experience in research.

Experts in digital services must work for SET-listed companies or work for at least three years in private companies that have earnings of more than $50 million a year. There is no age limit for skilled professionals, though they must work in target industries, or be academic experts in universities or state agencies.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

@Cowshed Cowboy and others in Thailand.

The Thai Intervac site just added half a dozen new hospitals around Thailand, including Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi, as well as another round at Phyathai 2 in Bangkok. They're all marked "coming soon." August could be a biggie for vaccinations.

https://www.thailandintervac.com
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 pm @Cowshed Cowboy and others in Thailand.

The Thai Intervac site just added half a dozen new hospitals around Thailand, including Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi, as well as another round at Phyathai 2 in Bangkok. They're all marked "coming soon." August could be a biggie for vaccinations.

Thanks for the info Ex-PenhMan. At 55 I think I'm at the younger end of the retired age group in Chonburi so might fit into the second tranche if they start vaccinating expats down here. I think last quarter is a realistic target hopefully.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 pm @Cowshed Cowboy and others in Thailand.

Thanks for the info Ex-PenhMan. At 55 I think I'm at the younger end of the retired age group in Chonburi so might fit into the second tranche if they start vaccinating expats down here. I think last quarter is a realistic target hopefully.
Bloody teenager! :lol: Yeah, I'd agree that Q4 is looking more a possibility now. Got my AZ shot this week at Phyathai 2. Quick and easy. Amazing medical staff.

PS Doesn't look like I'll make it to Pattaya/Jomtien until sometime in mid-August. Even that's looking doubtful with the heavier restrictions and soaring infection cases.

@Cowshed Cowboy PPS Richard Barrow reported yesterday:
If you are still trying to get a vaccination appointment, I would advise you to keep an eye on http://thailandintervac.com for the latest news. The
@MFAThai has implied that they will open up for more age groups soon once the most vulnerable are vaccinated. Good luck! #Thailand
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:30 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Bloody teenager! :lol: Yeah, I'd agree that Q4 is looking more a possibility now. Got my AZ shot this week at Phyathai 2. Quick and easy. Amazing medical staff.

PS Doesn't look like I'll make it to Pattaya/Jomtien until sometime in mid-August. Even that's looking doubtful with the heavier restrictions and soaring infection cases.

@Cowshed Cowboy PPS Richard Barrow reported yesterday:
If you are still trying to get a vaccination appointment, I would advise you to keep an eye on http://thailandintervac.com for the latest news. The
@MFAThai has implied that they will open up for more age groups soon once the most vulnerable are vaccinated. Good luck! #Thailand
Well done on getting your vax, good news. Yeah not optimistic on any restrictions being lifted for the forseeable future and let's face it even when they do it won't involve anything that constitutes a normal social life. We soldier on.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i think, even with the vaccination campaign, (which is sorely behind schedule)
Thailand is NOT recovering.

20 July: 11,305 - 80 dead
21 July: 13,002 - 108 dead
22 July: 13,655 - 87 dead
23 July: 14,575 - 114 dead
24 July: 14,260 - 119 dead
25 July: 15,335 - 129 dead <— TODAY
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Personally I am feeling I am living in a grossly failed state. could have been better if not for Prayut and his cronies.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

yong wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:38 pm Personally I am feeling I am living in a grossly failed state. could have been better if not for Prayut and his cronies.

Remember that joker that years ago used to regularly suggest that people should leave Thailand before there was some kind of collapse of the state? He used to post BS like:

"It does not matter what happens because whatever happens, military repression or mob rule-style 'democrazy', the kingdom of Thailand is a failed state without a future. Neither side is capable of managing a kindergarten, much less a modern nation state...

The steady decline and eventual collapse of Thailand is guaranteed."

What an ass that guy was!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

UNBELIEVABLE - Everybody gets blamed except for the chinese .. dev·​as·​tat·​ing |
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Foreigners arrested in Pattaya raids
published : 27 Jul 2021 at 11:21
writer: Gary Boyle

Seventy-eight Thais and foreigners were arrested during raids on two shops in Pattaya on Monday night, police said.

About 8pm, police raided the Fat Boy Bar & Grill in Bang Lamung district.

Eleven foreigners and one Thai were found drinking beer in the basement of the shop.

About 9.30pm, police raided the Bamboo shop in tambon Nong Prue. They found 37 Thais and 29 foreigners eating and drinking alcohol in the shop.

Both groups were taken to Bang Lamung police station and charged with violating the ban on gatherings under the emergency decree.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/re ... taya-raids
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic