Carrier Recommendation for Mailing Important Documents?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Carrier Recommendation for Mailing Important Documents?

Post by Ravensnest »

I need to mail some important documents to the US. Does anyone have a recommendation on which company to use? I was thinking of the usual suspects, FedEx or UPS. But I've never mailed anything out of Cambodia before.

Thanks in advance-
Still here, in country...
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Carrier Recommendation for Mailing Important Documents?

Post by Spigzy »

I've used Fedex before (Cambodia>UK), very reliable and I think the cheapest for basic documents in an envelope - I would pre-seal any documents though & simply list them as legal documents or whatever; there are some rules around passports, etc. that you will get 101 questions about sending, best to low-brow it as simple legal docs, whatever the contents might be.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 am I've used Fedex before (Cambodia>UK), very reliable and I think the cheapest for basic documents in an envelope - I would pre-seal any documents though & simply list them as legal documents or whatever; there are some rules around passports, etc. that you will get 101 questions about sending, best to low-brow it as simple legal docs, whatever the contents might be.
I tried that with DHL in PP, they tore open the envelopes and read everything looking for "illegal checks or other illegal things". I never used them again.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

DHL have got my passport to me twice
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 am I've used Fedex before (Cambodia>UK), very reliable and I think the cheapest for basic documents in an envelope - I would pre-seal any documents though & simply list them as legal documents or whatever; there are some rules around passports, etc. that you will get 101 questions about sending, best to low-brow it as simple legal docs, whatever the contents might be.
I'll go to them first then. Haha, honestly, it is just a visa application for the missus.

Back home I always used UPS when I didn't use USPS. Surprisingly to me, I have never heard from anyone in KOW that's used UPS.
Still here, in country...
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:55 am DHL have got my passport to me twice
I have had no issues with inbound DHL, outbound is subject to full exposure to literal prying eyes.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

What's the airfare these days?
Someone going back, or anywhere, who could post from there?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic