Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by atst »

Have I missed something is AZ vaccine available now in Cambodia?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:43 pm Have I missed something is AZ vaccine available now in Cambodia?
It was available for the over 60's. They had about 350,000 doses donated by the WHO Covax scheme. Whether they have any left is another matter. I have not seen any news reports of anything other than Chinese vaccine arriving since.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:53 am
atst wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:43 pm Have I missed something is AZ vaccine available now in Cambodia?
It was available for the over 60's. They had about 350,000 doses donated by the WHO Covax scheme. Whether they have any left is another matter. I have not seen any news reports of anything other than Chinese vaccine arriving since.
Yes but that was months ago right at the beginning when the big man got his vac, someones mother inlaw got AZ last week.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:29 am
Yes but that was months ago right at the beginning when the big man got his vac, someones mother inlaw got AZ last week.
Apparently so.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Japan recently reported as donating 1m more AZ doses to Cambodia via COVAX, but I read a claim this is the same 1m doses that COVAX had already promised. So there's either 1 or 2m more AZ doses coming at some point, depending on which story is true. Shipments from the India AZ facility got delayed so they could try and stem their own disaster.

****EDIT**** News just in:

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 am
Japan recently reported as donating 1m more AZ doses to Cambodia via COVAX, but I read a claim this is the same 1m doses that COVAX had already promised. So there's either 1 or 2m more AZ doses coming at some point, depending on which story is true. Shipments from the India AZ facility got delayed so they could try and stem their own disaster.

****EDIT**** News just in:

Still for the over 60's? or can anyone have a shot?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

When I mentioned weeks ago I had been offered the vaccine at a cost, most of you who had replied to this said be careful, if anyone remembered. Also I remember correctly that someone posted an official saying if there was any around that now the vaccine would be out of date. Since then I had been told of another western person being offered at $150+ per shot.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:24 pm When I mentioned weeks ago I had been offered the vaccine at a cost, most of you who had replied to this said be careful, if anyone remembered. Also I remember correctly that someone posted an official saying if there was any around that now the vaccine would be out of date. Since then I had been told of another western person being offered at $150+ per shot.
tbh if I had $300 to spend on drugs, Covid injections would not be at the top of my list.

@Doc67 no idea but presumably they will reserve them for over 60s (and whoever wants to pay $300).
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

There's another thing, with talking with friends in other areas of the country, they have already had their vacations sometime ago. But the vaccination rollout program has not reached those area's with what we may read, and then the possibility of the number of vaccines would not tally up. The only answer to this is that the few people may have been vaccinated has part of the army rollout.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

My friend had AZ two weeks ago. He is not even 40. It helps if you know somebody. Another friend paid 300$ for AZ.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic