Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by phuketrichard »

i think each and every one of you is missing the point.
The url shows what countries have approved what vaccines for them

IE; i dont need a vaccine to return to the states BUT
the one got
Sinopharm (Bejing) is not valid in United States
if i had to scan my qr code for entry to somewhere in the states, they would not allow me entry cause its NOT on the US approved list

at least thats how i interpret this
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:54 pm i think each and every one of you is missing the point.

the one got
if i had to scan my qr code for entry to somewhere in the states, they would not allow me entry cause its NOT on the US approved list

It literally is titled "Find Out Whether Your Destination Country Accepts Your Covid Vaccine as Valid for Travel"
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:12 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:54 pm i think each and every one of you is missing the point.

the one got

It literally is titled "Find Out Whether Your Destination Country Accepts Your Covid Vaccine as Valid for Travel"
They are incorrectly conflating what each country has approved for use on it's citizens and what are their entry requirements.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

the one got

We get your point but it’s not valid.

From your own government website
“ Q: If I am fully vaccinated, do I still have to get COVID-19 test before traveling to the United States?

A: Regardless of vaccination status, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Please see the CDC website for details and additional information.”

It has no bearing if you’re vaccinated or not or what vaccine you’ve had.

I don’t understand why you can’t grasp that concept. You’ll looking for something that doesn’t exist.

Even if you’ve been to India or UK you’d still be allowed entry.
People of the world, spice up your life.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

If you're in Kandal province and want to get vaccinated (first shot) you need to get your skates on:

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ok,. Got ya. But someday, who knows when, i can see shot cards requried for entry to many places and negative covid tests will be a thing of the past. Either that or they will develop a rapid, less than 5 minute, test

So am hoping that with 4 months + other vaccines wil be availiabe, at a cost, for everyone.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

We see lots of stats here in Cambodia on how many have been infected and how many have recovered and of course, how many have died from Covid. Has anyone seen the Cambodian stats on how many have died from taking the vaccine?
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:41 am We see lots of stats here in Cambodia on how many have been infected and how many have recovered and of course, how many have died from Covid. Has anyone seen the Cambodian stats on how many have died from taking the vaccine?
Here it is...

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:38 am Ok,. Got ya. But someday, who knows when, i can see shot cards requried for entry to many places and negative covid tests will be a thing of the past. Either that or they will develop a rapid, less than 5 minute, test

So am hoping that with 4 months + other vaccines wil be availiabe, at a cost, for everyone.
Not so long ago, I found out to my delight that Denmark do rapid testing, for free. This is significant because you cannot eat in a restaurant or sit inside a coffee house, or whatever unless you are covered by a recent test. They’ve implemented a process that helps open up towards pre-COVID conditions. It’s not 5 minutes, but it is 30minutes.

As to that article and website- their own disclaimer.
Disclaimer: This vaccine checker is not designed as a definitive means to check whether you can travel to your specified country. To be 100% certain you must contact the relevant authorities. If you find any inaccuracies in the information provided from this checker, don’t hesitate to let us know at [email protected]
What an utterly pointless article!
The entry requirements for every country that I’ve visited in the last 12 months have involved the pre-travel testing, and nothing about whether you’ve been vaccinated.
Which largely makes sense; just because you personally are now immune* to the virus does not mean that you aren’t able to still carry and transmit it.

*only time will tell whether what that immunity really means, as it seems there’s a weekly update on how effective these vaccines are.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:56 am
ego bibere nimis wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:41 am We see lots of stats here in Cambodia on how many have been infected and how many have recovered and of course, how many have died from Covid. Has anyone seen the Cambodian stats on how many have died from taking the vaccine?
Here it is...

Mother in law (only 65). AZ on Wednesday of last week. Coma on Thursday, died on Sunday. No pre-existing /underlying illnesses. Negative covid test on admission. Just coincidence according to you then??
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic