Land pricing

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Land pricing

Post by Kammekor »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:28 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:37 pm
BillDoe wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

Do you guys know of any land maybe farther out that's along the lines of 250-300 per meter? Was looking to build a home out by the rest of the family, hoping to keep the price of land + home construction around 30k-40k
That will be a tough one. I built a house on already owned land, labor plus materials cost me over 33k USD already.

It's a wooden house, 7 x 9 m, with a stone / concrete part attached in the back (3 x 7 m).
Seriously, I'm not trying to start shit.

How did that cost so much? Was it the wood or distance from material distributers? Wife's uncle just built a 10m by 8m 3 story using concrete and it only cost him 30k
Yes, it's mainly the expensive wood (400-700 per M3 at the official depot, depending on size and quality), but also the build quality. After all the mistakes I've seen them make building houses I decided to have it done correctly, which is a tad more expensive.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

BillDoe wrote:Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

Do you guys know of any land maybe farther out that's along the lines of 250-300 per meter? Was looking to build a home out by the rest of the family, hoping to keep the price of land + home construction around 30k-40k
I bought land in the city for within that price range. Should definitely be possible to find in Kandal, but you have to be willing to look around yourself in the areas that interest you.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:14 pm
BillDoe wrote:Didn't realize land would be so expensive out there, damn! The family has a few properties in TTP and I can understand how that's expensive as all hell, never thought it would be that expensive in Kandal though.

I bought land in the city for within that price range. Should definitely be possible to find in Kandal, but you have to be willing to look around yourself in the areas that interest you.
OP seems to be looking for land + house construction for 30-40k. While it might still be possible to you find relatively cheap land and build a small house I'd say 40k for land + house construction (family house) is about the minimum these days. Probably OP will end up spending more. When I was thinking about building my house I planned on spending 25k, it's 33k+ now.

When building a house, the cheaper options often lead to construction problems. Foundation too light, no concrete bars over windows / doors, concrete slabs only single layer steel 80 mm thick, no concrete slab on ground floor - just filled in with dirt... Stuff like that. Looks nice at first sight but starts showing cracks (litteraly) after 6-9 months....
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Like Kammekor has said, my investment of land at the time too was in meter's measured from the front of the property, I think it was 46m but went back 100m, not forgetting I paid for the river bank land, but law says that is the kings land, so unable to own at the time - 5m from the river bank.

There is still cheap land around, such has paddy-land, it's not changed in price from around $3m2, but of course to build on that land will take much work.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:35 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:14 pm

OP seems to be looking for land + house construction for 30-40k. While it might still be possible to you find relatively cheap land and build a small house I'd say 40k for land + house construction (family house) is about the minimum these days. Probably OP will end up spending more. When I was thinking about building my house I planned on spending 25k, it's 33k+ now.

When building a house, the cheaper options often lead to construction problems. Foundation too light, no concrete bars over windows / doors, concrete slabs only single layer steel 80 mm thick, no concrete slab on ground floor - just filled in with dirt... Stuff like that. Looks nice at first sight but starts showing cracks (litteraly) after 6-9 months....
Ah, ok. Yeah I think that would be very difficult. A simple house alone can easily be like 30-40k. So finding a plot AND building for that price near the city would be nearly impossible.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic