Chinese Tourists Ask Embassy to Return Them to China

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Chinese Tourists Ask Embassy to Return Them to China

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Delta's Dawn

- SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant, was first detected in India in late 2020.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) named it the Delta variant on 31 May 2021
- In May 2021 observed secondary attack rates to be 51–67% higher than the alpha variant.
- In a June technical briefing the Delta variant was linked to an increased risk in hospitalization.

- The variant is thought to be partly responsible for India's second wave of the pandemic beginning in February 2021
- It later contributed to a third wave in Fiji, the United Kingdom[14][15] and South Africa,[16] and the WHO warned in July 2021 it could have a similar effect elsewhere in Europe and Africa.
- On 7 June 2021, researchers at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases in Singapore posted a paper suggesting that patients testing positive for Delta are more likely to develop pneumonia and/or require oxygen than patients with wild type or Alpha.
- On 15 June 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention declared Delta a variant of concern.

- The most concerning issue is the logistic growth rate of 0.93/week relative to Alpha. This means that per week, the number of Delta samples/cases is growing by a factor of exp (0.93)=2.5 with respect to the Alpha variant.
This results, under the same infection prevention measures, in a much greater case load over time until a large fraction of people have been infected by it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant

Ohh, O K...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

What's the last couple of pages got to do with the headline of this thread?
Please take your theories to a more appropriate thread so interested people can read them there including me. Thanks
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Fair enough, we often need that reminder
But i thought the thread did a pretty natural progression/widening, to talk about the reasons for the different restrictions or quarantine regimes for the Chinese, Cambodians and others.

'Fine line i guess, between loosing focus on an interesting topic - and letting a conversation morph and develop out of very little.
It's not that hard to re-set again by simply posting about the OP topic once more.
If it doesn't fly any further, well...

Ooops, that's all off-topic too. :)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Not really Stern as I was asking what are these Chinese doing here if they are just tourist.
And some explanations were put forth.
Good they are getting a taste of what we have been having to put up and pay up for trying to get home, doesn't make it any better though.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:05 pm Not really Stern as I was asking what are these Chinese doing here if they are just tourist.
And some explanations were put forth.
Good they are getting a taste of what we have been having to put up and pay up for trying to get home, doesn't make it any better though.
Of somewhat greater concern is how they can be maintaining the required quarantine protocol by queuing in public, after only 8 days. I’m told that the police on riverside are approaching anyone not wearing a mask when out in the open, yet here we have 30 or so people who ought to be right where I am. (Maybe not in the same exact room, though.). I’m on day 12 of 14, and haven’t been outside in free air since my short walk to the quarantine bus at the airport.

It’s not as if there’s no photographic evidence. They should all be taken to a government managed compound, and locked in. Maybe the Chinese embassy should fence off an area of their own, to ensure their own citizens abide their their own rules. Clearly, as a nation they have little regard for anyone but self. Which is ironic given the main thrust of communism!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic