OXO cubes

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

OXO cubes

Post by IraHayes »

Can’t recall ever seeing these in Thai Hout or bayon.
Available elsewhere?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: OXO cubes

Post by Doc67 »

Can't recall ever seeing them. Just use beef stock cubes by Knorr or beef bouillon liquid in a bottle. These are available in Super Duper.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:19 am Can't recall ever seeing them. Just use beef stock cubes by Knorr or beef bouillon liquid in a bottle. These are available in Super Duper.
Yeah, never seen oxo here.

Sometimes even the Knorr beef can be hard to get. Always have chicken and pork but rarely beef
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

cautious colin wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:29 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:19 am Can't recall ever seeing them. Just use beef stock cubes by Knorr or beef bouillon liquid in a bottle. These are available in Super Duper.
Yeah, never seen oxo here.

Sometimes even the Knorr beef can be hard to get. Always have chicken and pork but rarely beef
For anyone searching for the beef one, remember the packages are not the same as the chicken, pork or vegetable stock. And don't assume they will be right next to the other stock cubes!!

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Are the knorr cubes the same thing? As a kid we would have an OXO cube in hot water as a beefy drink in the winter.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:17 am Are the knorr cubes the same thing? As a kid we would have an OXO cube in hot water as a beefy drink in the winter.
I can't vouch for Knorr being the same as Oxo as a drink. I doubt it as the Knorr beef stock is quite salty. If you want a hot beefy drink you are better off with Bovril. I am sure I have seen that here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I bought some oxo cubes from someone who finished their restaurant in Sihanoukville, I think possibly they bought them from a supermarket there.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

OXO cubes and Bisto is available at Super Duper.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I have bought OXO cubes from Super Duper several times, they have the beef and the chicken, but sometimes (more often than not) they're not the best quality. They're either very very dry - very hard to crumble, or sometimes moist.

I'd recommend opening the box and checking them before buying them.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:48 pm I have bought OXO cubes from Super Duper several times, they have the beef and the chicken, but sometimes (more often than not) they're not the best quality. They're either very very dry - very hard to crumble, or sometimes moist.

I'd recommend opening the box and checking them before buying them.
And check the best before date. I doubt Super Duper do that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic