Maintaining SIM card

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Maintaining SIM card

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Alex wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Yes, that's how it works. That's why I top it up every 60 days, to get another 60 days. To be clear, I do that just before expiration, for the reason you wrote.

Thanks for clarifying! So when you’re abroad for long periods of time how do you top up your Cellcard sim, I top up using the ABA app on my phone here in KOW is that possible to do when abroad and connected to WiFi?

Thanks again.

Edit: Sorry Alex I just read you either use Wing or the Cellcard app, so do you know if the ABA app will work abroad to top up my Cellcard sim?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Nobby Stiles wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:37 am Edit: Sorry Alex I just read you either use Wing or the Cellcard app, so do you know if the ABA app will work abroad to top up my Cellcard sim?
I'm using the ABA app for money transfers while I'm abroad, I'd be surprised if it didn't work for mobile top ups as well. Maybe someone with actual experience can confirm.

Both Wing and the Cellcard app work fine for me in Thailand. The Cellcard app allowed me to add a Thai credit card for top ups, so it should work with other international cards as well.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Both Wing and the Cellcard app work fine for me in Thailand. The Cellcard app allowed me to add a Thai credit card for top ups, so it should work with other international cards as well.
All this to keep your same number ? I had my same numbers the same 10 years I been here , but the locals change their numbers , email , facebook name , and birthdays more often than thier socks 🧦 - tho that’s not easy to substantiate
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic