Malaysian Allegedly Dies of Covid After Refusal of Treatment

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Malaysian Allegedly Dies of Covid After Refusal of Treatment

Post by Arget »

Jenlau wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm I am friend of the deceased's family. Need someone's help in the process of the deceased cremation and exporting his ashes to Malaysia after cremation. As its the period of Covid 19, the family is not able to travel to Cambodia. Anyone who can help, pls contact. Thks
Contact Osborn Funeral Services
+855962679889
[email protected]
www.osbournfuneralservices.com
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ano63 wrote:Hospitals should apologize family of the victim for refusing helping him at the very bad situation :BangHead:
Apologize?

Maybe they don’t have any ventilators or medicines that he needs. Maybe the staff don’t have the protective gear that they need to protect themselves.

Would you feel better if hospital staff all just got the virus and died because of him? Or just watched him die inside their hospital because they didn’t have what he need to treat him?

Would you mourn and be remorseful for the hospital staff if they happened?

Sick virus patients need intensive care for a long time and if they survive, still have continuing health issues.

Kossmak is closed for patients because it’s overrun with virus.

I so love how some members assume that Cambodia has the vast resources of a first world country.

Even Italy went into a health crisis from this virus initially.

Just my 10 Riel Rant.
Owen
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Owen »

Have the hospitals lately been turning people away because of covid specifically? Or is it just that they're all full up no matter what any new patient comes in for? It makes planning for medical care confusing
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I have to plan for an upcoming operation for something that happens ,
but I was told that one hospital here is closed because of covid -
so obviously they are not protected from the virus at one of the reputable clinics in town
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Owen wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:31 pm Have the hospitals lately been turning people away because of covid specifically? Or is it just that they're all full up no matter what any new patient comes in for? It makes planning for medical care confusing
I agree. Stating the obvious but this is a terrible time to get sick. Even just get routine check-ups and preventative tests. Personally, I've held off doing those as I see hospitals as potentially infectious places. I'm not comfortable with that and overdue on a number of tests I would normally do pre covid.

I can't answer your question but I would think the public hospitals are flat out with covid cases. I see 4 privates ones have been approved for covid treatment too. I presume the other hospitals are operating normally for other things..
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:35 pm
Owen wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:31 pm Have the hospitals lately been turning people away because of covid specifically? Or is it just that they're all full up no matter what any new patient comes in for? It makes planning for medical care confusing
I agree. Stating the obvious but this is a terrible time to get sick. Even just get routine check-ups and preventative tests. Personally, I've held off doing those as I see hospitals as potentially infectious places. I'm not comfortable with that and overdue on a number of tests I would normally do pre covid.

I can't answer your question but I would think the public hospitals are flat out with covid cases. I see 4 privates ones have been approved for covid treatment too. I presume the other hospitals are operating normally for other things..
If you use Royal and manage to get an appointment I'd call before you show up

The wife and I drove about an hour and a half into town specifically for her scheduled appointment, only for them to cancel and say the "general check up" doctors are now moved to the covid ward.. if they even have a covid ward
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic