Renew Cambodia Driving License?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Renew Cambodia Driving License?

Post by mannanman »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:12 pm I went to renew my yearly driver's licence yesterday at the new location:

Chip Mong Noro Mall floor 3.
#199 Preah Norodom Blvd (41), Phnom Penh
Google map:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9srnbtEhBo2ztR1RA

It was great. :thumb: Much closer than tripping out to Aeon 2. Not busy (I went at 2pm). Waited 5 min and then served, I was in and out in about 20 mins. Staff very friendly compared to Aeon 2. Now have shiny new plastic card instead of the previous cardboard one.

NB They are closed for lunch 12-1pm. Need passport with visa, current home country licence and existing Canbodia licence (+ photocopies you can do there or bring yourself). Cost is 120k + 10k riel all up paid via ABA. Passport photos no longer required.
So back to the old plastic cards. Good move.
People of the world, spice up your life.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Renew Cambodia Driving License?

Post by beaker »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:52 pm wonder why you need show ur home country license each time?
what happens after 5 years( US license) and you have not been home an ur home country license is expired?
cant get a Cambodian one?
You build an ebike and you won't need to worry about any of the licensing crap, registration, no gas or oil changing, or worrying about the police ticketing you for going the wrong way on a one-way street, or having to find a mechanic to fix/maintain it for you. Also you will have greater maneuverability faster take off speed (than the usual honda dreams, etc) no problems with being able to travel at the speed limits 500 riel to fully charge. Only drawback is the 30 Km range but for travel to the coast or providences there is the train, or taxis or they even fit in tuk tuks.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic