Lek had anxieties about moving to the U.S.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Lek had anxieties about moving to the U.S.

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:22 pm @OP I think posters have reacted negatively because your message here is confused, the writing is fine, but what are you do you actually want to convey to the forum ? What is the point of your message ?

Is this a short fiction? Is it supposed to interpel CEO posters about their own experiences moving abroad with a Cambodian woman ? Is it a personal philosophical moment that you want to express, or something that you saw on social media and want to share ?
I think that CEO posters would be more onboard if they knew what you want to discuss. ie. "I read this, what do you think ? " or "This happened to me (or someone I know), what are your experiences ?"

I think that the negative posts come from the fact that you have said too much ( personal stuff ) without giving a clue what kind of reaction is appropriate. Like if you go into a bar where you know nobody, and you tell everyone there loads of personal stories about yourself without further introduction, then most people there will probably go " Woah, WTMI", but you might find a couple of guys who will get what you are trying to say.

That's my 2c. :dm:
Really? So I'm to tell you guys what reaction is appropriate. They're not toddlers that need to be given hints on appropriate behavior.

Regarding the bar comment.....If some people reacted like that in real life (away from the non-accountability of the trolling on forums and chatrooms) and especially in a bar then they'd get a kicking more often than not.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Chuck Borris wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:20 pm Still more interesting read than antiChin bashing or "Name a scammer" thread.
What is that?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

WTF guys!! @Phnom Penh Pal do say something, you have not said anything and the context of Lek and Partner is not known to the average peace seeking gentle reader such as myself.

What I want to talk about is the usage of the term "interpel" @Anchor Moy. When I had to look it up because it exceeded my standard vocabulary package I am outfitted to roll with, I found this: interpel; 1 obsolete : interrupt. 2 Scots law : prevent, preclude, intercept. Now I think the term is being misused as @Anchor Moy has it, re printed here.., "Is it supposed to interpel CEO posters about their own experiences...."
Sorry @Anchor Moy you are spot on and sage like as usual here in advice and sensitivity to the core issues of the thread but your usage of "interpel" is just plain wrong.

@The Judge, the cheat sheet is right here, "Änti Chin" is like saying Anti Chinese, crazy, huh? I don't where these linguists come up with this stuff. Now, the "name a scammer" piece means that many threads name scammers- another verbose rubik's cube.
El Chappie
Tourist

Post by El Chappie »

I think, although I might be wrong, that antichin bashhing is a misleading term because it isn't clear if it refers to people who are against china or people who are against people who are against china.

I do like your expression ' another verbose rubik's cube' though. Very humorous.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic