RCAF Driver Escapes After Fatal Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

RCAF Driver Escapes After Fatal Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Preah Vihear): On July 6, 2021, at 1:50 pm, there was a fatal traffic accident at Bak Phluk point, Preah Vihear province, on National Road No. 64 between km 83 and 84, when a RCAF car hit a woman motorcyclist as she was turning to the left.

The woman on the motorcycle was a local farmer aged 39, resident of Sroyong Cheung village. According to the news source, the woman did not pay attention when crossing to the left hand side of the road, and she was hit squarely by the Navarro black car with Royal Cambodian Armed Forces (RCAF) license plate 2.4462.
The front of the car was completely damaged in the accident and the driver ran away from the scene, leaving the vehicle.
The woman died immediately. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ano63
Expatriate
Poland

Re: RCAF Driver Escapes After Fatal Accident

Post by Ano63 »

Damn poor woman
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Looks like he would have a long walk to get away , hope he went bush and found a land mine
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

RIP young lady. It's such a tragedy to hear of this type of accident, or any traffic accident. But that of the other involved person running away. This, if it was a military person need not run, unless he/she was traumatised at the time.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

atst wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:22 am Looks like he would have a long walk to get away , hope he went bush and found a land mine
🤔Hmmmm
You think the driver just walked away ?
Tho I never saw a hitchhiker , I never saw any signs prohibiting it ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Sounds like she turned right in front of him without looking. Its very common.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am Sounds like she turned right in front of him without looking. Its very common.
Or maybe she did look, but didn't expect a car to be coming with such great speed that she wouldn't have time to manoeuvre . Ive witnessed these types many, many times, just hurtling down the middle of the road flashing the lights like they're the most important person out there!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Fourkinnel wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:00 am
canucklhead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am Sounds like she turned right in front of him without looking. Its very common.
Or maybe she did look, but didn't expect a car to be coming with such great speed that she wouldn't have time to manoeuvre .
I’m sorry. But your statement still doesn’t put the car driver at fault.
If she did look and had such poor spatial awareness that she couldn’t work out how fast the approaching vehicle was going how does that make it the car drivers fault?

Or have I misinterpreted the point you were trying to make?
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

This is my greatest fear when driving on country roads. People just enter from side-roads or crossing from right to left haphazardly without looking at all. I used to speed up when passing a truck always ready to slam on the brake. Before NR 3 was finished I took 41 which is rather empty the first 20 km or so. So you could do a 100 or more. The tension driving made me change my driving style. I now only pass trucks, and that without speeding up, when there is no traffic in sight far and wide, and no houses or road-side stands with people around. Fortunately, I have been accident-free for over 30 years, and that includes many years of driving in Cambodia. But I see Khmer driving at high speeds anywhere, barreling through villages like there is no tomorrow. Aren't those drivers who run away ever caught? After all, they can find out the owner of the car by the license plate.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

A common driving tactic employed by rural motorcycle riders

1, be driving on rhs of road

2, want to turn left

3, slowly move to the extreme rhs of the road

4, make spakka type head movements without actually checking the road behind

5, abruptly turn at 90 degrees across both lanes at a rate of speed

6, if turn is negotiated without error then, and only then, glance to see if anything was coming from behind, after all
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic