Expats be a part of the extraordinary story that unfolds from this post.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Paddy
Tourist

Expats be a part of the extraordinary story that unfolds from this post.

Post by Paddy »

Hi Expats,

See below in bold the post from July 8, 2020. Please help me with information and insight so that I can help my friend Carol whatever it might take. Be part of this story by assisting me with info and I will post as we go. Extra ordinary times call for ordinary communities doing ordinary things, extraordinary!

1. How can I make contact with Carol?
2. What authority is the best channel to follow?
3. Any suggestions

Expats Cambodia News (Siem Reap): On July 8, 2020, at 3:30 pm, a 51-year-old woman, CAROL ANNE BRADY, a South African national, was arrested for living illegally in Steung Thmie village, Sangkat Svay Dong Kom, Siem Reap.

The South African woman came to Cambodia in 2015 through Phnom Penh International Airport. She went to live in Siem Reap and worked as an English teacher. Apparently, she said that her passport was sent to Phnom Penh to renew her visa, but she didn't have any confirmation documents to verify this. She also didn't have money to pay for her daily food.

The foreign woman has been sent to the Department of Deportation of the Immigration Department in Siem Reap to follow the legal procedure.

Thank you
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Expats be a part of the extraordinary story that unfolds from this post.

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Paddy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:14 am Be part of this story by assisting me with info and I will post as we go.
Do you really want to find your friend - or are you just looking for a rollocking good adventure in an exotic foreign land?
and to be famous.

More relevant info on the subject, please.
Presumably you already have lots of that. She is your "friend", after all.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

Most likely deported? Contract the department of immigration.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I believe she went back home several months ago.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

A year later you decide to act.

What a pal...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic