Good auto paint shop?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Good auto paint shop?

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am
jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:22 am So where is a good source of quality auto paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many. I use Jotun near Olympic. Bring them a paint code and they batch it out and mix.
Jerry, sorry for the questions. I have a particular interest being that it is that of my past profession. I have no idea of what paint products are available here, maybe you could enlighten my interest. Would you know of the type and products of the paints available, such as are they - Waterborne and solvent-borne availabilities - Water-based paint can be a little deceiving has some products actually use solvent to thin like most other paint products. I was thinking more on the lines of cellulose - Acrylic urethane - Acrylic enamel this the latter may be a good choice, due to use of heat to harden the product, here it could be applied in the way of several thin coats basically with the aid of the days heat.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am
jah steu wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:22 am So where is a good source of quality auto paint?

Many. I use Jotun near Olympic. Bring them a paint code and they batch it out and mix.
Jerry, sorry for the questions. I have a particular interest being that it is that of my past profession. I have no idea of what paint products are available here, maybe you could enlighten my interest. Would you know of the type and products of the paints available, such as are they - Waterborne and solvent-borne availabilities - Water-based paint can be a little deceiving has some products actually use solvent to thin like most other paint products. I was thinking more on the lines of cellulose - Acrylic urethane - Acrylic enamel this the latter may be a good choice, due to use of heat to harden the product, here it could be applied in the way of several thin coats basically with the aid of the days heat.

I know the last code I had mixed up was a pearlescent color. Honda Pearl Shining Yellow.

Pretty sure that you can get both 2 pack and acrylic at all these places.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Thank you for that reply and info Jerry much appreciated.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

jah steu wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:49 pm I want to paint my moto in a new colour. Does anyone know a good paint place that won’t just do a dodgy job on it.

jah steu did you ever get to paint your moto?
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

AndyKK wrote:
jah steu wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:49 pm I want to paint my moto in a new colour. Does anyone know a good paint place that won’t just do a dodgy job on it.

No unfortunately it was stolen from outside a shop while I briefly went inside!
My fault completely, I left the keys in the bike by mistake.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Sorry to hear, not good news, I thought we was going to see fresh paint, not nothing, because the bike was stolen.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:14 pm
AndyKK wrote:

No unfortunately it was stolen from outside a shop while I briefly went inside!
My fault completely, I left the keys in the bike by mistake.

I bet it has had a new paint job now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic