Kampot Noticeboard

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Noticeboard

Post by John Bingham »

You don't seem to get it. Kampot is am untouched oasis of wholesome vegans, anybody who has anything negative to say about it is a gypsy dildo punk and should be banished from paradise forever.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:36 am
GUS wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:59 am Rubber Barron
Your post was removed because you didn't link to a source, it is in the rules.
"If not Kampot specific, comment to the pinned post in the Announcements. When posting information/news provide links to a reputable source. Failure to adhere will result in cmt/post being removed."

That said I didn't remove your post and you know that as you were told so by the admin that did, why drag me through this here?

Manamana
I would appreciate if you wouldn't hide behind a keyboard, if you want to talk shirt about someone at least do it to their face.

Angus, the fat ginger.
You just outed yourself as "Angus, the fat ginger" ? :shock: I don't want to take sides here, but I'm sure that you are not that fat, and body-shaming is so last century.
BUT why not directly tell people why they get their posts removed, or whatever it takes that they don't go complaining on other social media spaces ? It's not good for your page and it's not even interesting. Like there, you say: "Your post was removed because you didn't link to a source, it is in the rules." OK good, now everyone understands the rules and let's move on.

Lots of people have posted shit about Kampot on the forums but it's just jiving. I think they must live in PP or somewhere like that. :plus1:

We do, when a post is deleted we send the person the rule they have broken.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Fyi: GUS is a handsome ginger. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I remember tons of posts here on CEO about girls and boys floating in the river, dead.All with sources and commentary that the Kampot fb group had deleted the info. In fact, it had become a sport on how long it would take to have to information removed. Pre-covid times, of course. The info is available here on CEO so no need even to try and dispute that.

The idea of a regular Kampot section here on CEO is very good. It would be nice if threads like the man who went swimming in his clothes and shoes and drowned, the drugged girls topics, the rape issues, the criminals working at guesthouses and restaurants could be referenced or moved there. This would provide a correct context and a platform were some economically interested CEO-posters might present "their side" of the story. If it gets too bad the moderators could take it to the fools' corner.

So that's one vote more for a Camp Pot section.
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

This is from the admin log, this is what was sent to rubber Barron. Maybe he didnt click the see more.... i don't know.
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

Pizzalover wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:13 am I remember tons of posts here on CEO about girls and boys floating in the river, dead.All with sources and commentary that the Kampot fb group had deleted the info. In fact, it had become a sport on how long it would take to have to information removed. Pre-covid times, of course. The info is available here on CEO so no need even to try and dispute that.

The idea of a regular Kampot section here on CEO is very good. It would be nice if threads like the man who went swimming in his clothes and shoes and drowned, the drugged girls topics, the rape issues, the criminals working at guesthouses and restaurants could be referenced or moved there. This would provide a correct context and a platform were some economically interested CEO-posters might present "their side" of the story. If it gets too bad the moderators could take it to the fools' corner.

That is a great idea, unfortunately we don't have a fools corner on the KNB all we can do is remove posts when comments get put of hand.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Pizzalover wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:13 am I remember tons of posts here on CEO about girls and boys floating in the river, dead.All with sources and commentary that the Kampot fb group had deleted the info. In fact, it had become a sport on how long it would take to have to information removed. Pre-covid times, of course. The info is available here on CEO so no need even to try and dispute that.

You've got one now, this is it. Kampot Noticeboard.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rubberbaron »

GUS wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:59 am Rubber Barron
Your post was removed because you didn't link to a source, it is in the rules.
"If not Kampot specific, comment to the pinned post in the Announcements. When posting information/news provide links to a reputable source. Failure to adhere will result in cmt/post being removed."

That said I didn't remove your post and you know that as you were told so by the admin that did, why drag me through this here?
I never thought my thread would get legs like this. To me an admin is an admin and not just a moderator. You are in it together. As mentioned before, no links were necessary. Where do you think those numbers came from? I just grab them out of the air. It is common knowledge, maybe not with you on the board, but the Ministry has a FB page and a website, CNE and Khmertimes publish it daily. You need links because your rule 9 says so? And you want to hide pertinent information in a different category called announcements. Plus mine was not an announcement but an observation about many expats not wearing masks. That was the main point of my post. It's your board, yes, but show a modicum of common sense.

BTW, I got the notice why it was removed after I posted a complaint on the board saying this is the weirdest board, which indeed it has become. There actually is nothing interesting other than for inquiries where to find certain things if you are not too familiar with Kampot.

A post that might provoke the slightest controversy is removed. I had posted something ironic about my getting caught for speeding, which was meant to warn my fellow expats in Kep and Kampot about the new radar guns the police there now have. But irony is not easily understood by everybody. That created a shitstorm including from Angus himself, openly identified in the thread, what vile character I must be for not heeding those newly installed speed limits as they are there for safety, never mind that many of the new traffic signs are posted rather arbitrarily as the police have a vested interest in collected fines. After all, they get 40% of the take. FYI, I was doing 90 in a newly marked 60 zone, which previously was an 80 zone. Of course, that was too much for the board, and it was gone within a day.

And yes, I find it a good idea to have a Kampot/Kep section on CEO as the expat community is quite large here I believe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic