D.I. Riviera Homeowner's Open Group

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Re: D.I. Riviera Homeowner's Open Group

Post by Strawberryshake »

Just hang out in that condo lobby and chat up with some residents you will have all the inside information very soon. I doubt u will find here any owners of that building.
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

Put your doubts aside
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

After reading more about this failed development I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole... no doubts about that
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

As an Aussie you are not allowed to leave your country. You are in a fine and
very large jail.

You are not the target market.

Air travel will not be going "back to normal". Not soon, not ever.

The plan is to market to 400 million, millionaires.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

J. Visiting wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:30 pm As an Aussie you are not allowed to leave your country. You are in a fine and
very large jail.

You are not the target market.

Air travel will not be going "back to normal". Not soon, not ever.

The plan is to market to 400 million, millionaires.
Aussies can & do leave the country, Our borders are closed for the majority though at the moment.

I don't think burnt investors can be too picky about target markets, money's coloured all the same.... :please:

Air travel will get back to a "new" normal, we will fly again.. the sky ain't falling.

How's the plan to market to 400 millionaires going so far? It's not like they wouldn't have many other better options... :ROFL:
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by J. Visiting »

Just in case that I am right and air travel does not come back to any meaningful degree, how about we come up with a "plan B".

It is a secret what plan the big money people are working on. If they are paying money for the planning services then I completely support whatever the plan is. I only have one unit to sell while the big developers are going to have thousands of units every year for ten years.

The easiest plan is to just wait. That is no plan at all.
The logical plan is to advertise in all of the countries that were buyers in "The Time Before". So they would need air travel to return and then spend a lot of money on promotion.

I would just ask China if it is OK to market to their older Chinese citizens who over
the next ten years will retire as millionaires. There is going to be 400 million of them.
The places they are living now are not like they were. Many would want to look at
an alternative place to retire because their old familiar home land does not exist anymore. No airplanes would be needed If the rail line from China that goes to Laos is extended to Phnom Penh.

I wonder what the current big developers and countries of Cambodia and China are thinking.

How about Plan C. There are a lot of changes coming up for America. Wealthy Cambodians may want to return to Cambodia with all their big bucks. And a lot of other Americans may want to join them. America is deeply divided and not in control of their future. If they make the wrong changes or fail to make other right changes they could have another civil war. Seppos can not conduct a civil war at home. It would be a mess.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

That is a lot of Ifs and a long bow to draw.
I suppose that is what makes investors successful- or not.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

"Is far away 500m from Independence monument and 1km from riverside and red light district Street 136"

I read this on a Khmer real estate site which is advertising the units for sale and obviously a winning sales tactic for people who are millionaires so they don't spend their money on fly-in Chinese prostitutes, they can just wander down to 136.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic