Sex Offender Bill Cosby set free

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Sex Offender Bill Cosby set free

Post by newkidontheblock »

Cosby made a deal with the prosecutor for testimony that probably caused him to lose the civil case. New prosecutor basically backstabbed him and charged and convinced him (with testimony that was give for immunity by the way), just as the statue of limitations was running out.

He served two out of three years for a charge that should have never happened.

So the question is.. is the US just like the Kingdom of Wonder where due process means nothing? Or is the government bound to follow the law, just like everyone else?

The charges are irrelevant to the case.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Much as I don't want this fucker released, this is the right decision. The DA who decided to charge him should be sent to prison; even a child can see how that was illegal. This case confirms once again what a complete farce the criminal justice system is.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Alex wrote:Much as I don't want this fucker released, this is the right decision. The DA who decided to charge him should be sent to prison; even a child can see how that was illegal. This case confirms once again what a complete farce the criminal justice system is.
Not a farce.

Cosby was eventually set free by a judge.

A farce would have been for him to serve his entire sentence for being screwed over and this NEVER comes to light.

That’s what usually happens in other countries.

The criminal justice system is not always straightforward in the US. But there are checks and balances built in to try to get fairest possible result.

Again, this has nothing to do with the charges.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:34 pm
Alex wrote:Much as I don't want this fucker released, this is the right decision. The DA who decided to charge him should be sent to prison; even a child can see how that was illegal. This case confirms once again what a complete farce the criminal justice system is.
Not a farce.

A farce would have been for him to serve his entire sentence for being screwed over and this NEVER comes to light.

The criminal justice system is not always straightforward in the US. But there are checks and balances built in to try to get fairest possible result.

Obviously, helps when the plaintiff is a multi millionaire celebrity to file, hire a sufficient legal team and get it overturned

I'm sure many without either the nous, the resources, or both, are languishing in many jailhouses and prisons

That said, I hope some charges are yet to come, because he clearly belongs in a fucking jail

Roofie slipping old creep
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:34 pm
Not a farce.

How is it fair? He was a nasty-ass-serial-molesting creep who drugged his victims. You are proud that he got out on a technicality? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:48 pm How is it fair? He was a nasty-ass-serial-molesting creep who drugged his victims. You are proud that he got out on a technicality? :?
He didn't choose the release, so how could he be proud of something he didn't do ?

Is anybody agreeing that the guy deserves to be free, in a general way, whatever verdicts and technicalities ?
I don't think so by looking at all comments

Also this for fun

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

John Bingham wrote:You are proud that he got out on a technicality? :?
This has nothing to do with the charges. Obviously, you’ve made up your mind, not caring how he got convicted and punished, just that he IS convicted and punished.

So if a cop takes a suspect out back and beats him for 12 hours until he confessed to some horrific murder and then said murderer is tried and convicted, is the beating a ‘technicality’? The public has cried that someone needs to be caught and punished for the crime, and so someone was.

Either the justice system operates correctly or it doesn’t and needs to be corrected.

Everyone should be entitled to this.

Cosby did serve 2 of 3 years in prison, so he did do time.

This is just my 10 Riel worth of thoughts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic