Homeless Woman Stabbed to Death For Refusing Sex

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Homeless Woman Stabbed to Death For Refusing Sex

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Battambang: On the night of June 29, 2021, in Ta Star village, Sampov Loun district, Battambang province, a case of extreme domestic violence occurred, when a 30-year-old woman with a mental illness was stabbed to death by her current partner.
The local police were informed in the morning of June 29, 2021, and led an immediate investigation into the case. A man was arrested the same day and charged with murder.

According to the police investigation, this man, Lim Rong alias Vit, 30 years old, resides in Damnak Ksan village, Buor commune, Phnom Preuk district, Battambang province. The man told authorities that the woman did not agree to have sex with him that night, so he used a machete to kill her and then he raped her body.

Lieutenant Colonel Tim Vichay, Sampov Loun District Police Inspector, confirmed that the victim was unknown to anyone as she was a homeless woman with a mental disorder and was living with the killer. On the night of the incident, the people nearby heard the sound of arguing at the scene, and then the woman was found stabbed to death the next morning.

The police authorities have prepared a case to send to the office to follow the procedure, and the body of the victim was handed over to the local pagoda committee for funeral rites, as they could not locate her family. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Homeless Woman Stabbed to Death For Refusing Sex

Post by The Judge »

Damn, this is senseless and disturbing. That neighbors heard the fighting and did nothing (extremely common in Khmer culture "If anyone asks, you saw nothing!)

When the fuck will they show signs of human development?

What is it with people in Battambang lately?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yes, I'm sure if you heard some homeless people arguing you'd be straight out like a white knight helping out. I'm sure you do that in the west and you'd be putting the neighborhood right here too. You tell them champ. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:14 am Yes, I'm sure if you heard some homeless people arguing you'd be straight out like a white knight helping out. I'm sure you do that in the west and you'd be putting the neighborhood right here too. You tell them champ. :?
Come on, be realistic, he's some judge after all

possibly judge from a regional pageant contest imo
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:14 am Yes, I'm sure if you heard some homeless people arguing you'd be straight out like a white knight helping out. I'm sure you do that in the west and you'd be putting the neighborhood right here too. You tell them champ. :?
I've intervened a few times here in the KOW while a crowd of Khmer had gathered to watch a guy beating a woman while holding a small baby. I tell her to never go back to him, then I get the lady on her way, and once she's gone, I tell him I better not see him do it again, cuz I'm not so forgiving the 2nd time. It takes more time for me to unlock my door than it does to stop the dickhead in his tracks. And I'm always sure to give all the onlookers a mouthful afterwards, too.

Not everyone's a coward like some of you guys.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

The Judge wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:43 am
I've intervened a few times here in the KOW while a crowd of Khmer had gathered to watch a guy beating a woman while holding a small baby. I tell her to never go back to him, then I get the lady on her way, and once she's gone, I tell him I better not see him do it again, cuz I'm not so forgiving the 2nd time. It takes more time for me to unlock my door than it does to stop the dickhead in his tracks. And I'm always sure to give all the onlookers a mouthful afterwards, too.

Straight from the Big Boys Book of things that never happened
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Your Khmer must be pretty good.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:20 am

Straight from the Big Boys Book of things that never happened
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cooldude wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:26 am
Your Khmer must be pretty good.
He doesn't need to speak Khmer, he just shouts really loudly in English - then they understand. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

He has form for taking on the local Khmers...... :ROFL:

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:32 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:43 pm
The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am He said, "You can't quit, we have a contract." I said that he had already broken the contract by not paying me the correct amount, and asked, "Who's gonna stop me?"
This would be funny if it weren't so believable.

The fucking gall of some of these guys. Totally taking advantage of the fact that the average Western tefl jobber is ignorant of the labor laws here and how to even go about addressing grievances.

I'd have been tempted to drag him out of his office by his short and curlies and beat him with a rubber hose.......and when he starts crying for his 'Mak-Mak'........I'd say, "Whose gonna stop me?"
Oh Brody, Brody, Brody... You want Paul Harvey's 'The rest of the story?' I intentionally didn't include it in my original post as it really didn't add to my argument, but since you mentioned it....!

As I turned around to leave his office with the books slewn across the floor, the Director mumbled almost imperceptibly "ch'goo it", thinking he would really give his little puppets a laugh and thinking I might not hear or may not understand Khmer. I turned back around on a dime, and asked, "What did you say?" Of course immediately back into face saving mode, he replied "nothing." I said, "You said nothing? Why did I hear you say ch'goo it? Do you think I'm stupid? Who are you calling ch'goo it?"

So now he changes his story and said he was talking to himself, not about me. First he said that he didn't say anything.... then he says he was 'talking to himself.'

With his 3 puppets watching ever so intently, I walked up to him and went nose-to-nose with him, and asked "Do you want to make trouble with me? If you do, we can do it right here, right now. But you'd be wise to think before you answer."

You could hear a pin drop in his office. Nothing else was said, until I replied "Typical fucking cowards", and then I turned back around and left his office. I didn't give him any opportunity to save face, not one little bit.

Now you know - the rest of the story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic