Two Sisters Die in Mysterious Circumstances - Family Want Investigation

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Sisters Die in Mysterious Circumstances - Family Want Investigation

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): A Phnom Penh family is calling for autopsies to be performed, after two young women died for unexplained reasons in mysterious circumstances, after they became ill in their family home
They said that on June 28, at 4:25am in Sangkat Khmounh, Khan Sen Sok, the two sisters, aged 18 and 21, were sick and feeling nauseuse and were taken to the Calmette Hospital by their family. Unfortunately, there was nothing the doctors could do to help them, and the two young women died.
The victims' family is begging for help from the police to get autopsies performed on the bodies to determine their sudden death. Their identities have not been disclosed to the public.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Two Sisters Die in Mysterious Circumstances - Family Want Investigation

Post by The Judge »

Is there anyone who can attest to their activities in their last 24-48 hours? Did they go/work somewhere together? As the little info given does seem unusual for 2 young women to both die at the same time, I'm guessing some kind of food poisoning, or possibly drinks poisoning? It might be easier to determine their whereabouts during the recent 2 days and work backwards than an autopsy from the competent medical experts. I'd bet they were together when my suspicion of foul play occurred.

I guessing heart attack won't be given as their cause of death.

But to unexpectedly lose what appears to be 2 beautiful young women from one family is certainly a tragic loss.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

These are definitely questions that need to be asked. I hope the family can find someone who takes them seriously. If not, at least hope for a burial vs the alternative.

Very sad. They lost 2 family members at a go. My condolences.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Possibly rice wine.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 am Possibly rice wine.
A social media source says that the two women are suspected to have died from "alcohol poisoning". It is not yet clear if that means that the cause of death is the traditional rice wine, or whether there was something illicit added to drinks in a bar.
It was also mentioned that two other women also became sick at the same time, but this is unconfirmed. If there are any updates on this, we will let you know.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Judging only from their appearance in the photos, my bet is that they're not the type of idiots who would drink that rice wine crap, so I'm still betting on the other alcohol poisoning scenario. Their location can be traced. I'm sure someone knows where they were. It's just how much is someone going to pay to keep it a secret.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:42 am Judging only from their appearance in the photos, my bet is that they're not the type of idiots who would drink that rice wine crap
How in the fuck does ones appearance in a photo indicate any lack of disposition toward rice wine drinking?
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:34 pm
The Judge wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:42 am Judging only from their appearance in the photos, my bet is that they're not the type of idiots who would drink that rice wine crap
How in the fuck does ones appearance in a photo indicate any lack of disposition toward rice wine drinking?
Just like someone who has rotted and missing teeth might be suspected to be a methhead, or a girl standing alone on a street corner late at night wearing sexy clothing might be suspected to be a prostitute, or a guy who can't walk or drive straight might be suspected to be drunk.

It's a new technique called profiling. Look it up. You might learn something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic