ABA Credit Card Refund

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Charng
Tourist
Australia

ABA Credit Card Refund

Post by Charng »

Hi Folks,

Need some advice regarding a seemingly protracted refund.

First some key events:
* We got agreement from Aeon Mall to refund about $400 for the purchase of a watch.
* Aeon Mall finance team receives the claim and indicated that they should be able to process with in a week and to expect a refund back to my partner's ABA Visa card within about a week.
* About 2 weeks later my partner enquired with the ABA bank to find out what happened to the refund. They asked her to contact Aeon Mall for the transaction details etc.
* da-di-da... Aeon Mall had submitted the refund through and the refund was indeed sent to the ABA bank.
* After much run around she finds out that the ABA bank had received the refund money and are "processing it". When she pressed the many ABA staffs on various calls they cannot tell her what timeframe to expect the refund to be put into her account. This is week 3.

My partner tells me a few years ago she tried to get a refund for $10 from ABA and was also given the run around and she gave up in the end because she felt the money was not worth the effort. Its the don't call us, we'll call you trick.

I suspect a scam is happening in the bank. Sounds like a great way to steal money from bank customers. Not saying so, but I have a suspicion.

Please tell me I am silly to even suspect. Please forgive me for the jaded slant on this post. It was fustrating to hear my partner get nowhere with the ABA staff.

OK, how can we constructively deal with this to get our ABA Visa credit card money back into our account? Are there any complaints department that honestly works to help the customer out? Should I escalate this to Visa itself?

Any help would be most appreciated and I promise to pay it forward.

Cheers,

Charng
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: ABA Credit Card Refund

Post by Jerry Atrick »

^

Takes around a month, you will get your cash

Pain in the ass too
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I've had problems with ABA not wanting to refund their fee for an international wire transfer that didn't go through. Don't even bother with anyone there on the ground floor. For one, they probably have no idea what you're talking about and number two, I do believe they are trained to give people who are in need of a refund the runaround.
You need to see the people upstairs at the Psar Thmei branch to get the ball rolling. Once I did, I had a refund and an apology from a vice president the next day.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've had a few weird things like this with ABA. Like phantom charges on overseas transfers, extra charges on my US account (billing me more than the required amount, perhaps a conversion thing)...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Charng
Tourist
Australia

Post by Charng »

Thanks chaps for the insights and suggestions.

My partner took the matter to social media and it got the attention of the ABA management team who has apologised for their poor service in this instance and promptly rectified the situation.

Live and learn, hey?

Cheers.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Charng wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:43 pm it got the attention of the ABA management team who has apologised for their poor service in this instance and promptly rectified the situation.

Cheers.
I’m inclined to put it down to poor training, lack of real understanding in the staff.

Banks normally receive funds in from salaries, customers making deposits, etc, and pay out via ATM or charged through cards. Reversing the flow probably doesn’t happen as often as it ought (writing off $10 because it’s just not worth it)

In the UK, a debit card payment goes out in seconds, and a refund normally works exactly the same way. Yet, it’s not uncommon to be told that a refund will be credited within 21/28 days. Why? You may ask. ‘Cos that’s how it is!

Just yesterday, I had issues paying my forte insurance from my ABA account. It didn’t make sense. Until I tried our old billing address, which I know was changed (by me), yet somehow has remained at an address that we left over a year ago. So, SWMBO went to the bank to change our registered address. It took at least 3 people over 45minutes to get it changed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic