Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

Post by Josideb »

Few friends who work at some unnamed schools here are telling me they think their schools are going bankrupt. More than 50% of the students have dropped out and its currently a summer break. Many students havent signed up for the new year and the owners are very worried... rents to pay and bank loans. I guess we will see many unemployed teachers here in the next few months.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Zhong Ying International School Accused of Cutting Teachers Salary and Compensating with Rice

Post by Soriya »

Josideb wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:34 pm Few friends who work at some unnamed schools here are telling me they think their schools are going bankrupt. More than 50% of the students have dropped out and its currently a summer break. Many students havent signed up for the new year and the owners are very worried... rents to pay and bank loans. I guess we will see many unemployed teachers here in the next few months.
And the moeys has just announced their refusal to allow schools to reopen anytime soon.
It is ridiculous.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Whatever your opinion on the KT article, I think it raises some interesting questions about (the need for) re-opening schools. It also raises the question about the place of private schools in Cambodia and their rights to exist as private businesses. If these schools can organize their classes to be socially distanced, or do whatever is necessary in order to comply with government health regulations, why keep them closed ?

Everyday in the news we see alerts in shops, shopping malls and markets, because of Covid, which are then closed and cleaned, and then reopened. Why keep the schools shut nationally when there are many areas in Cambodia that have very few Covid cases ?
:facepalm:

IMO, better send the kids to school nationally, and then react case by case if there is a Covid outbreak in a regional area and a need to lockdown.
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

I think the plan is to open the schools in January. The national schools are having their exams in Oct and Nov and December being the end of year break, with the new academic year starting in January 2022. January 2022 is also the date in the vaccination plan that 10m people will be vaccinated.

Personally, I think there’s a relatively low risk opening the schools. Children arent dying from Covid or being hospitalised. The largest risk they pose is to pass it onto someone else but this is reportedly a low risk too. I understand this country with limited resources taking no chances, but i still believe its low risk.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50876633/s ... ny-longer/

“Since the outbreak of the Covid-19 epidemic, the evidence shows that the virus does not pose a high risk to children”

“Globally, the lowest percentage of cases of Covid-19 infection in children has been confirmed. Children in primary school age and younger children are among the least likely to be infected. And even when they are infected with Covid-19, they often have milder symptoms than adults (therefore, these children do not make a significant contribution to the percentage of hospitalizations or deaths that occur). The children from the Republic of Korea have shown that children who are infected are not expected to spread the virus to others.”
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

BillDoe wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Will the teacher now resume working there? :whistler:
Would a telfer think twice about a baggy of free ice?

After extensive research, I finally found what a telfer is! Maybe you can ask him/her about the baggy of free ice. 🤣🤣🤣
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

The Judge wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:23 am

After extensive research, I finally found what a telfer is! Maybe you can ask him/her about the baggy of free ice. 🤣🤣🤣
Miss spell telfer once and actual teflers get all retard on me

Put the crystal down man, you got class to teach.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

BillDoe wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Let's keep this between the two of us, and leave 'Miss spell' out of it. :facepalm: She has nothing to do with it.

And find a friend who has passed 1st grade math to help you count the number of times you misspelled it. :stir: I'll give you a clue - it isn't one.

Tell me, how did you attain educational and career levels on par with nuclear physicists when you can't count to two or correctly identify an incredibly common acronym? Were your degrees honorary, like those your friends Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby received? :whip:
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

The Judge wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:44 pm
BillDoe wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Let's keep this between the two of us, and leave 'Miss spell' out of it. :facepalm: She has nothing to do with it.

And find a friend who has passed 1st grade math to help you count the number of times you misspelled it. :stir: I'll give you a clue - it isn't one.

Tell me, how did you attain educational and career levels on par with nuclear physicists when you can't count to two or correctly identify an incredibly common acronym? Were your degrees honorary, like those your friends Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby received? :whip:
Not reading all that

I'm sure you've gotten your next hit lined up, get your torch.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

Two schools just laid off loads of teachers because its summer break and new academic year doesnt start until August. They only offered new contracts to 50% of the teachers. The rest are jobless... Good luck all.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Josideb wrote:Two schools just laid off loads of teachers because its summer break and new academic year doesnt start until August. They only offered new contracts to 50% of the teachers. The rest are jobless... Good luck all.
Which ones? Schools I mean. Not teachers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic