Online shopping in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Re: Online shopping in Cambodia?

Post by Mr.November »

Loda is a poor Cambodian equivalent of Lazada. The problem with Loda is "Chinglish", but it works perfectly fine! Around 2 weeks delivery time, all is ordered directly from TaoBao on your behalf.

Otherwise, if you want instant delivery, order stuff on NHAM24 app from local shops. Prices are around 2-3x higher than on Taobao but the stock is good quality and 30 min delivery.
Charng
Tourist
Australia

Post by Charng »

Thanks @Spigzy

I did end up paying $10 for them to deliver the package, which I received this morning. The package delivery note indicated the value of $128. I guess its not worth paying the extra for Aliexpress premium delivery.
Spigzy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:33 pm Sounds like a good reason to use Amazon or Cambo Quick to me - once customs are involved, you're going to have to go to some office & pay up.

It isn't a disaster & I found at the post office at least that some leeway is still given in the presence of a random greenback or two, depending on the size of the order. E.g. I had a motorcycle jacket delivered which came under some heavy import duty category, but the guy looked at it and said "you can take the kevlar pieces out & just wear this like a normal jacket right? Hmm, maybe (wink) it could just be a 'fashionable jacket' - import duty for that is much less (wink)...". The only pain in the backside was the waste of time sitting at post office waiting to be served. That delivery wasn't via Amazon, simply from the producer directly - lesson learned for me; Amazon/courier all the way & get the import duty/tax back later.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ergosemper wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 pm
beaker wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:58 pm
keenan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 am
Amazon will also ship to Cambodia, but only for selected items.

Has anybody experience using Ali-express, or Amazon?
The shipping and Estimated import fee deposit from Amazon are outrages charged and called a deposit but not refunded even on items where there a no import fees as for phones.

The photo is an example. I have bought several phones from the internet none have had any additional fees and the shipping is always free, as allmost all phones come from China.

The shipping is also estiamated to be up to 15 day while Amazon was 30 days

You order via the local Amazon guy. They order the product from Amazon on your behalf with their credit card. Product arrives at their US address. Some locals offering this service have family members living in the US who in turn consolidates and forwards the entire order (for different buyers) to Cambodia. The advantage is the service provider usually has a Customs broker to facilitate less or no red tape at the airport in Pochentong. I use this service often for hard to get things (like Kirkland health products).
if ur going to use them, why not just use a family member or friend in the states ( that's if you have family or friends in the states>
"
I order, have it sent to my sister an she unpacks, re packs it, marks it used an send it on.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 pm if ur going to use them, why not just use a family member or friend in the states ( that's if you have family or friends in the states>
"
I order, have it sent to my sister an she unpacks, re packs it, marks it used an send it on.

Because I don't think Amazon will accept a Cambodian debit card. They might flag it or reject it if the billing and delivery address is not a US one.

I don't have a US card and I'm not as fortunate as Americans here who have relatives or family back in the States to receive, repack and ship the ordered products to Cambodia.
Richardawsone
Tourist
Australia

Post by Richardawsone »

I order non-clothing products online but if it's clothes, the city center ofc because the products you buy online may be different in size or color. Better to be on the safe side.

But I think Online is so much nicer, easier, quicker, and a bigger choice here. I very rarely shop in the high street these days, recently purchased a recliner from here by amazon link, and it's so nice to be able to filter everything by size/color/style etc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic