Ministry of Commerce urges Sweden to open IKEA in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Ministry of Commerce urges Sweden to open IKEA in Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

We already have the Thai IKEA resellers in Cambodia, somebody give the minister a heads up

Also, Heng Heng Bedding would probably lose some customers if IKEA moved in

Alex wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:54 pm

IKEA, being the prolific tax avoiders that they are, aren't even headquartered in Sweden anymore.
IKEA are prolific tax avoiders? A company after me own heart
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:15 pm
BillDoe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:10 pm Sounds like the ministers family really wants some IKEA furniture
Or an uncle with a big piece of empty land just right for a long-term lease.
Or maybe Ming wants some Swedish balls

All these possibilities are so exciting
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Element6 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm
Grand Barong wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 am About as much chance of that happening as a McDonalds restaurant or Tesla dealership opening up I think... :ROFL:
I drove past a building undergoing restoration that had Tesla written on the side. I think it was along Russian Blvd somewhere but can't quite remember. I am sure Elon will be here as soon as quarantine rules are lifted
Looks like that TESLA Dealership is unofficial... Only in Cambodia would you see this :crazy:

Adisorn Chieu was listed as director of both firms and Preedawannalert Kompakorn was named as a secondary director of Tesla Engineering and Construction.

But the names were mere coincidence.

Chieu told The Post that his Tesla is not affiliated with the US electric vehicle giant and works with international partners on technology and engineering.

“My company’s name was registered in 2013, and it is not related to Tesla Motors,” he said using the US automaker’s former name.

“It is just a tech company named after famous scientist Nikola Tesla as an inspiration. At the time, the automobiles named Tesla were not widely known in Cambodia.

“To be clear, we have no connection to the import or authorised distribution of Tesla cars in Cambodia, but I do wish for a worthy automobile supply to the Kingdom’s market and people,” he said.

Neither Tesla, nor distributors in Australia or Asia responded to requests for comment as of press time.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... ss-licence
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

IKEA have pulled advertising from a new TV channel just started in the UK, GB News. They were urged to do this by a group called "stop funding hate" GB News is not a right wing channel but aims to counteract the leftie/gay/BLM,Trans propaganda by the BBC so fuckem !
Ong Tay
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Ong Tay »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm Ikea said already in 2018 that in SEA Vietnam is their next target (I believe first shop soon to open, if not already open?) and they want to build few stores there before expanding more. Also they planned to build a huge storage hub to Vietnam that will handle all the logistics for whole the SEA. After that they want to expand to Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. Though for these smaller markets they plan to build only small city center showrooms, instead of those traditional huge stores, but all the products would be available through their online store. They have trialed smaller showrooms in Singapore already.

So I do believe that within 5-8 years we will see Ikea showroom in Phnom Penh.
They haven't yet opened in Vietnam...wish they would!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic