After being handcuffed together for 123 days to save their relationship, a Ukrainian couple breaks up

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

After being handcuffed together for 123 days to save their relationship, a Ukrainian couple breaks up

Post by Clutch Cargo »

As a last-ditch effort to save their relationship, it didn’t work. In May, bolt cutters were brought out, their handcuffs were cut, and Alexandr Kudlay and Viktoria Pustovitova officially split, Reuters reports.

The couple’s final breakup was aired on national television in Ukraine. “Hooray,” shouted Pustovitova, 29, New York Post reports when the handcuffs were removed. “I am finally free.”

According to Reuters, the couple from the eastern city of Kharkiv had a cycle of breaking up and getting back together.

Kudlay, 33, came up with the handcuff idea. On Valentine’s Day, they officially started the experiment. “I decided it will be an interesting experience for me,” Pustovitova told Reuters back in February.

In the three months the couple was handcuffed, they did everything together and documented the journey on Instagram. They showered together, took cigarette breaks together, and took turns using the bathroom. The couple also worked together, which ultimately lead Pustovitova to quit her job as a beautician. As New York Post reports, clients weren’t comfortable with Kudlay present at appointments.

Instead of bonding them together, the experience ultimately tore them apart, Reuters reports. The couple argued more often and longer, with arguments supposedly lasting four hours, according to The Daily Mirror.

The couple decided they weren’t compatible, and on May 19 they decided to end their relationship by breaking off the handcuffs. “We are not on the same wavelength,” Kudlay told Reuters. “We are totally different.”

While Kudlay and Pustovitova do not have the title of boyfriend and girlfriend anymore, they did earn the world record for the most time a couple has ever spent chained together, a representative from a Ukrainian record book told the couple via Reuters. To honor the achievement, the handcuff-breaking ceremony was broadcast on national television in front of the country’s Unity monument.

Today, both Kudlay and Pustovitova are single and living in different regions of Ukraine, according to the New York Post. As Reuters reports, they plan to auction off the handcuffs and donate part of the money to charity.

“I think it will be a good lesson for us, for other Ukrainian couples, and couples abroad not to repeat what we have done,” Pustovitova told Reuters.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/hand ... -up-2021-6
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: After being handcuffed together for 123 days to save their relationship, a Ukrainian couple breaks up

Post by hanno »

I could be handcuffed to Miss Universe; after 123 I'd be ready to gnaw the bloody cuffs off.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: After being handcuffed together for 123 days to save their relationship, a Ukrainian couple breaks up

Post by newkidontheblock »

123 days of having to wear the same shirt/underwear/bra would be enough.

In the Kingdom of Wonder, I changed clothes at least twice a day due to the heat and sweat.

I can’t imagine the suffering this couple actually went through for 123 days!

Who in their sane mind would think this is a good idea to SAVE a failing relationship?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

In the three months the couple was handcuffed, they did everything together and documented the journey on Instagram.
Instagrammers.. :facepalm:

The whole thing's a stunt with other motives imo. Just like the Viet/OZ woman on another thread that says she's been fetishised since her teens..
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Why do yous think they couldn't change their clothes, panties & all that?
They managed to have a shower, & (it don't actually say, but) I'm sure they musta had a bit of a slap n tickle from time to time..
:pottytrain: :soapbox:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Railroad wrote:Why do yous think they couldn't change their clothes, panties & all that?
Ok, smarty pants, if one hand is chained, how do you change out a shirt and bra? Not just taking it off, but removing and putting a on new one.

Please draw a diagram for me.

The before and after shirts look suspiciously similar.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

There was probably not much more than 5-10 mins between the before and after :pirat: ..with both pics taken at a handcuff cutting ceremony..

What do ya reckon there was a 'secret' key in the privacy of their own home? :tongue:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:58 pm
There was probably not much more than 5-10 mins between the before and after :pirat: ..with both pics taken at a handcuff cutting ceremony..

What do ya reckon there was a 'secret' key in the privacy of their own home? :tongue:
Maybe they had special velcro fasteners in their clothes? I doubt it though. Dumb as fuck either way. Imagine being in an argument with anyone and being handcuffed to them? Getting the fuck away from people who are annoying you is sort of crucial to living. You can always come back after everyone is cooled down. :(
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Maybe they had special velcro fasteners in their clothes? I doubt it though. Dumb as fuck either way. Imagine being in an argument with anyone and being handcuffed to them? Getting the fuck away from people who are annoying you is sort of crucial to living. You can always come back after everyone is cooled down. :(
I am certainly in agreement with that statement, leaving an annoying person is most needed, or put in their place you may have lost it, dragging someone around can't be fun. And then there is " darling I need to shit".
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 pm Imagine being in an argument with anyone and being handcuffed to them? Getting the fuck away from people who are annoying you is sort of crucial to living. You can always come back after everyone is cooled down. :(
Isn’t that why meat cleavers are so popular?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic